Options
Totally totally OT but I need to find something out
piecesofme
Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
I sincerely apologize for asking this here, but I am so completely dumbfounded, I need some guidance. I am asking this more for my wife than me.
I had a brother in-law pass away this morning in CA. We are being told that it is 7-10 DAYS before a funeral can be performed. I know that some of you here live in CA. Is this a CA thing or is it because the funeral place or morgue is that "back-logged"? My wife and I and some friends I've spoken with have never heard of such a thing.
Is this standard procedure for deaths in CA?
Again, I apologize but I am trying to find out as much as I can about it. I saw nothing on the net after googling about it.
Thank you for any help you can provide.
I had a brother in-law pass away this morning in CA. We are being told that it is 7-10 DAYS before a funeral can be performed. I know that some of you here live in CA. Is this a CA thing or is it because the funeral place or morgue is that "back-logged"? My wife and I and some friends I've spoken with have never heard of such a thing.
Is this standard procedure for deaths in CA?
Again, I apologize but I am trying to find out as much as I can about it. I saw nothing on the net after googling about it.
Thank you for any help you can provide.
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
0
Comments
"Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong
I'm sorry for your families loss.
MJ
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
Talked to a guy at work and he said it is becoming more normal now to have it at least 7 days out. Gives fmaily members time to travel plus there's new laws that the identity must be verified not just by a family member, so the coroner has to get more involved in the process, slowing it up.
Not sure of his/her age, but if an autopsy is required, that may cause a delay too..