Home› Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

So a $40,000 Mel Ott Bat.....

Was stolen at The National? Yikes.

Insurance or not.....the owner has to be sick.

Comments

  • Options
    There where a couple of police officers there I believe taking a report. I hope they had cameras there and will catch the person. Some of the dealers where talking about it. That's just awful.

    Hope story ends well with the bat being returned to the owner, and the person being fully prosecuted.

    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭
    What's the guy think he's gonna do with it? How many buyers for a bat like that wont hear that it's hot and call the cops.
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    didn't someone steal a bat at the nationals a couple years ago?
  • Options
    bouwobbouwob Posts: 100 ✭


    << <i>didn't someone steal a bat at the nationals a couple years ago? >>




    Same thing happened in Cleveland I believe.
    I am working on the Nolan Ryan master set. Need 1004 more cards to complete. I might actually spend more on plastic than I did on cardboard.
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not like whoever stole it can sell it. People will be on the outlook for it.
    What I Collect:

    PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 82.54% Complete)


    PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 21.47% Complete)
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    << <i>didn't someone steal a bat at the nationals a couple years ago? >>




    Same thing happened in Cleveland I believe. >>



    That was the Babe Ruth bat, I was at the show that day. Not sure what ever came of it.
  • Options
    Just announced, Upper Deck will be inserting game used Mel Ott cards in their newest baseball card release.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Just announced, Upper Deck will be inserting game used Mel Ott cards in their newest baseball card release. >>



    They have to stay in business some how right? image
Sign In or Register to comment.