Home PSA Set Registry Forum

SGC to PSA

Hello, Would anyone know what an SGC 96 9 would cross to in PSA? Would it maybe be a 9? Definitely without a doubt an 8? or is there no surety with anything? Thanks.

Collecting '52-'54 in PSA 7, '55 to '67 in PSA 8, '68 to '79 in PSA 9. See me on the set registry as GI's XXXX Set. Thx.

Comments

• mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hello, Would anyone know what an SGC 96 9 would cross to in PSA? Would it maybe be a 9? Definitely without a doubt an 8? or is there no surety with anything? Thanks. >>

In general, it *may* cross -- there's less surety, particularly on the top grades. Centering criteria has historically been slightly different between the two companies.

M
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • DANGEROUS to think all would cross grade equally. Leave it in the holder and send it for a crossover review. I broke out an SGC 96 and got it back as a PSA 7.5. YIKES !!
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely ZERO garuntee on anything. Send it in for a review to be safe!
  • I've sent them in SGC holders and none of them crossed.

I sent 3 in at the National 2 crossed appropriately and one got slammed. Like Marc said, there is differences between the two companies on some criteria.
    Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    It's very difficult to get SGC cards into PSA holders with the same grade. My experience with higher-grade cards is that about 20% will cross at the same or higher grade, and that's with cards that have been pre-screened (i.e., cards that I thought would cross once I had them in-hand; if I blindly cracked and submitted everything that I've bought my success rate would probably be in the 5-10% range).
  • DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭
    I crossed one SGC 96 9 on-site at the National and did get a PSA 9. It was a very nice looking card and thought it should, but I was still very happy. I did not crack it out. It was the only one I've ever done, so I may stop while I'm ahead.
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    Since all companies over and under grade cards, it's far more important to see if that's the case here than to know which holder the card starts in. Maybe post scans without showing the grade at all to see what people really think.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried crossing a 92 NM/MT+ and got a PSA 8. REALLY nice 8.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set