Home Sports Talk

Most seasons by a starting pitcher without having a losing season in their career??

halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭
The question says it all:

The closest one I came up with was Whitey Ford, and he went 2-5 and 2-4 in his last two years.

The pitcher had to never have a losing season in his career.

I don't know, but if someone does I'd be grateful, or help on how to find it.

Greg

Comments

• PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Not sure if it is a record, but Tim Hudson is in his 14th season, and he has had a winning season every year.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    It might be Andy Pettitte (16). Deacon Phillippe, Urban Shocker, Dizzy Dean all had 12+.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Grover Alexander: 1911 - 1929. Nineteen seasons in a row. Began in his rookie season (28-13) and continued thru his 2nd to last season (9-8). In his last season, in 1930, he went 0-3.
    Edited to add - I did not see this standard that you listed: "The pitcher had to never have a losing season in his career."
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It might be Andy Pettitte (16). Deacon Phillippe, Urban Shocker, Dizzy Dean all had 12+. >>

How in

How in the hell could I have missed Andy Pettitte?? Tim Hudson is an interesting one as well. At 192-101, that's impressive.

The other guys have a career which is over, and Grover Cleveland Alexander was one I noticed as well until I saw the 0-3.