Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Future Baseball HOF List Addition?

I wasn't surprised when I didn't see his name on the list when I started collecting this set. IMO he is the most underrated hitter of his generation. Current statistics as of today:

Runs: 1,087
Hits: 2,139
HRs: 413
RBI: 1313
BA: .284
SLG: .501
All Star: 6 Times

His numbers are most comparable to David Ortiz (who is currently on the registry set)
Runs: 1,124
Hits: 1,861
HRs: 401
RBI: 1,324
BA: .285
SLG: .547
All Star: 8 Times

I understand they both have work to do over the next 5 years to be considered (not to mention Ortiz's roids issues).

Just looking for some love to have Paul Konerko added to the Future HOF Registry Set.

Comments

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    I knew where you were going right away with this image. I created the Future HOF Rookies set for PSA and I would have no problem with adding Konerko to it. As you said, he's not there yet, but he's on a good path.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    What is considered THE rookie card for him? Topps Traded?