3) USC*
4) OK
5) Oregon
6) Georgia*
7) FSU
8) Michigan
9) South Carolina
10 Arkansas

*My picks for who will be playing in Miami for the title. Discuss.
Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michigan could pull it off if their defense improves

Alabama and LSU will be tough again

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I like U$C to beat 'bama.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to the Michigan- Alabama game in Dallas. We traditionally do well against the SEC but just the same Lord help my Wolverines. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Based on schedules I am going with USC to be undefeated going into the BCS Championship. They will face a one loss LSU team.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options

<< <i>1) LSU
    2) Alabama
    3) USC*
    4) OK
    5) Oregon
    6) Georgia*
    7) FSU
    8) Michigan
    9) South Carolina
    10 Arkansas

*My picks for who will be playing in Miami for the title. Discuss. >>

Half the teams are sec. No surprise I guess but pre-season polls are rarely right.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm going to the Michigan- Alabama game in Dallas. We traditionally do well against the SEC but just the same Lord help my Wolverines. MJ >>

This is a great year to play Alabama. Their #1 ranking is purely a reflection on Nick Saban and has little to nothing to do with this year's AL team. What Alabama lost on defense last year is irreplaceable. Sure they can reload, but they won't be great this year. Many starters on D only with hardly any game experience. I really see that defense taking a huge step backward this year, and it will be most evident in the first half of the season.

I see Michigan doing very well in that game..wouldn't be surprised if they won...and I wouldn't be surprised if they won big.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    As long as Michigan didn't schedule App State they at least have a chance. In 2014, the Mountaineers make a return trip to Ann Arbor. Oh, you know the Wolverines will be out for blood.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options

<< <i>As long as Michigan didn't schedule App State they at least have a chance. In 2014, the Mountaineers make a return trip to Ann Arbor. Oh, you know the Wolverines will be out for blood. >>

I was also at that game image

MJ
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    That game combined with the Oregon loss cost Carr his job. The program would have been better off had he stayed on

• Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>As long as Michigan didn't schedule App State they at least have a chance. In 2014, the Mountaineers make a return trip to Ann Arbor. Oh, you know the Wolverines will be out for blood. >>

MJ >>

Dude, I'm sorry to hear that. Not because your team lost, but you didn't get to have fun with it like everyone else. I started noticing Boise st in the late 90s. I always liked them and cheered for them to go undefeated every year. Then they beat my Sooners in spectacular fashion. I would have been going nuts had it been any other team. I basically lost twice.

As for the poll, I wish for once they could stick Oklahoma at 15. Bob Stoops does so much better with a chip than a swagger.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options

<< <i>That game combined with the Oregon loss cost Carr his job. The program would have been better off had he stayed on >>

Carr was leaving regardless. The irony is that Michigan beat Tebow and Florida that year. They actually beat them up pretty good. That was the year Tebow won the Heisman. Rich Rod was on the sidelines for that game as he was named head coach after they botched the whole Miles thing. Carr left the cupboards bare. Carr stopped recruiting his last couple of years. Under Hoke we have already had two amazing recruiting classes. Hopefully it manifests into good football. Up until the past season the previous three were hell to watch.

MJ
  • Options
    Michigan did play a better game against Florida than what was anticipated-

• Options
    I was at that Florida-Michigan game. Henne played a heck of a game.
  • Options
    Georgia does not have Alabama, LSU, or Arkansas on their schedule this year. Big plus for them, and they have one of the best SEC qb's in the conference.

Michigan has two chances of beating Alabama.

The good thing about this years college football climate is that the national championship chase will be much more up in the air then last year.

• Options
    There will be some sort of dark horse that emerges into the picture= No idea who but it will likely happen

• Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭

<< <i>There will be some sort of dark horse that emerges into the picture= No idea who but it will likely happen >>

Watch out for the Vols. I have no personal interest in them - but they might fit the dark horse you predict.
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

MJ >>

I was at the Michigan State home game on that day. I think the noise from the crowd after that score was posted on the screen was bigger than any cheer playing against UAB that day. image
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

MJ >>

I was at the Michigan State home game on that day. I think the noise from the crowd after that score was posted on the screen was bigger than any cheer playing against UAB that day. image >>

We heard it all the way from East Lansing as well. The silence at Michigan Stadium was deafening. Like a funeral. image

MJ
  • Options
    I have not looked at the poll-

From where I sit, the Michigan State coach has done a terrific job. I don't recall who graduated or where they are preseason but are they a surprise top 10 team? I would say it is possible

• Options

<< <i>I have not looked at the poll-

From where I sit, the Michigan State coach has done a terrific job. I don't recall who graduated or where they are preseason but are they a surprise top 10 team? I would say it is possible >>

New QB taking the helm as Cousins graduated. Jerel Worthy is also gone. I will not miss either. MJ
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Yep, should be an interesting year at MSU. I always expect the worse, and am pleasantly surprised at success.
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>There will be some sort of dark horse that emerges into the picture= No idea who but it will likely happen >>

Watch out for the Vols. I have no personal interest in them - but they might fit the dark horse you predict. >>

No offense, but this isn't your grandpa's Tennessee team anymore. The Derek Dooley era has been great....for SC, UGA, and UF fans. Dooley is a good guy, but got the job because of his last name and what his father did in the SEC. Derek has no business coaching the SEC, and I expect he has less than 2 full seasons left before he is run out of Knoxville. No one is afraid to play Neyland Stadium anymore, and this team has NO shot this year, IMO.