Home Sports Talk
Options

Vin Scully

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I heard that this was Vin's final year broadcasting.
If that is the case, wouldn't it be fitting for him to do the national broadcast for the World Series?
Please no Buck-McCarver!! Let Vin do it solo......

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I think you are right...and I've been saying that for years that Scully should be doing the World Series. I couldn't care less about the Dodgers or anyone they might be playing on any particular night, but if MLB Network does a live look-in on their game, I stay tuned until they cut away.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Vin is so great that even most hate-filled Giant fans will admit he is GREAT!
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Vin is so great that even most hate-filled Giant fans will admit he is GREAT! >>

That's actually true. He's probably the most unhated person associated with the Dodgers organization.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i><< Vin is so great that even most hate-filled Giant fans will admit he is GREAT! >>

That's actually true. He's probably the most unhated person associated with the Dodgers organization. >>

I like Vin Scully when the Giants aren't involved. If it's a Giants game, I want Kruk, Kuip, Miller, and Flem. Yeah, they're homers, and so am I. image
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    yeah, let him do at least one game with Garagiola....if available
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scully was the best Baseball Broadcaster I have ever heard

correction- is the best

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>yeah, let him do at least one game with Garagiola....if available >>

I still recall the '86 World Series..classic!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Funny video and great audio of Scully.
    Link

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i><< Vin is so great that even most hate-filled Giant fans will admit he is GREAT! >>

That's actually true. He's probably the most unhated person associated with the Dodgers organization. >>

I like Vin Scully when the Giants aren't involved. If it's a Giants game, I want Kruk, Kuip, Miller, and Flem. Yeah, they're homers, and so am I. image >>

At least you are honest about your homer-ism! image

I have listened to the Giant's guys enough over the years that I find them to be fine. I prefer Vinny, of course, but the Giant's guys do a good job... though much more homers than Vinny is.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Funny video and great audio of Scully. Link >>

I was at that game ... one I will never forget! Here is my ticket.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Funny video and great audio of Scully. Link >>

I was at that game ... one I will never forget! Here is my ticket.
    image >>

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

But I agree, Vin Scully is the best baseball broadcaster ever.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    and Bob Uecker is the greatest comic announcer in addition to being a fine serious announcer in his own right......loved those Major League movies!!
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked Bob Uecker as well...

I thought Dick Enberg was excellent.

Don Drysdale did the Angels games back in the day and unfortunately, he had more of a regional following- but for those that never heard him do an Angels game, you missed something special

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I liked Bob Uecker as well...

Don Drysdale did the Angels games back in the day and unfortunately, he had more of a regional following- but for those that never heard him do an Angels game, you missed something special >>

Yes, I remember Drysdale in the late 70s as well. Along with Scully and the great Chick Hearn, truly a golden age in broadcasting in Los Angeles.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

>>

Enberg is doing Padres baseball currently

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    anyone rememeber Joe Torre doing broadcasts (radio) for the Angels?
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>anyone rememeber Joe Torre doing broadcasts (radio) for the Angels? >>

yep and he also did a lot of the interviews on those talking Topps cards from the late 1980's

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.