Home Precious Metals
Options

***AUGUST 2012 Gold and Silver Stocks/Options/Futures trading thread***

2»

Comments

• Options
    1830-1850 within three months, an approximate 75% retracement would be the expected norm based on the current chart patterns and price/time objectives.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options

<< <i> next breakout isn't going to be false

Agreed on that!! A break to the upside finally gets people back to even after a year+ hold. Then they still be stuck in a sideways pattern. Or a break to the downside completes only a typical 38% retracement. But those holding gold at $1800+ wont be very happy and will SCREAM manipulation when gold carries a 13 (or maybe 12) handle. >>

You'll hear them all the way from China.
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>4 reasons why the FED won't announce QE3 this week >>

Good points in the article, but the next QE may/will be different, and may be bigger and more radical than anything we've seen. I guess we will see. I will be in Jackson this weekend so I'll look around for any discarded meeting minutes I may find.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>4 reasons why the FED won't announce QE3 this week >>

Good points in the article, but the next QE may/will be different, and may be bigger and more radical than anything we've seen. I guess we will see. I will be in Jackson this weekend so I'll look around for any discarded meeting minutes I may find. >>

Why should there be any QE at all? Economy is doing ok as it is. Maybe its not great, but nothing wrong with economic performance the last 12 months.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>Why should there be any QE at all? Economy is doing ok as it is. Maybe its not great, but nothing wrong with economic performance the last 12 months. >>

I don't want to be misunderstood, I think it could go either way.
    That the economy doing OK is an illusion if you consider REAL unemployment and other REAL numbers. Many states are broke and more and more cities declaring BK every week. Things aren't that great.

And it's not just the US... Europe needs help. The QE measure could be more intended to help Europe. And the decision could be more political than fiscal. I know that article made claims for why Obama wouldn't want to do it, but that might outweight the reasons to do it, as he perceives them.

There's so many factors, it's dangerous to oversimplify.
  • Options
    Sept thread started.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Why should there be any QE at all? Economy is doing ok as it is. Maybe its not great, but nothing wrong with economic performance the last 12 months. >>

I don't want to be misunderstood, I think it could go either way.
    That the economy doing OK is an illusion if you consider REAL unemployment and other REAL numbers. Many states are broke and more and more cities declaring BK every week. Things aren't that great.

And it's not just the US... Europe needs help. The QE measure could be more intended to help Europe. And the decision could be more political than fiscal. I know that article made claims for why Obama wouldn't want to do it, but that might outweight the reasons to do it, as he perceives them.

There's so many factors, it's dangerous to oversimplify. >>

Cities going bankrupt is a good thing. Its part of the solution. The economy isn't as bad as you think. We are just used to things being better than they shpuld have been.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>Cities going bankrupt is a good thing. Its part of the solution. The economy isn't as bad as you think. We are just used to things being better than they shpuld have been. >>

I agree, but some politicians feel compelled to "do something" about it.