Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1972 #693 ALAN GALLAGHER POP 1 of 1

I finally hit on a low population card (1972 #693 ALAN GALLAGHER POP 1 of 1) in a PSA 8. I'm sharing my rare gem with the rest of the 72 collectors because this was a tough card for me to find. I was at a show in Mentor, Ohio and looked through a box of over 2000 raw 72 cards. I was looking for low POP cards and found a #178 Paul Schaal (which graded a PSA 6) ergh!!! and a Gallagher which graded a PSA 8 with NO QUALIFIERS. One out of Two isn't bad.

Carlos

Comments

• Congratulations Carlos on the Galagher! As a recent member of the 72' club I have a submission of 72's at PSA right now. Since I need just about everything, when I started my search for commons I looked for some of the low POP cards in NRMT/MT or better condition. It is, none the less, very challenging.
    Great patience on your part.
    Keep pluggin'. Like I said before I am envious of what the first 6 or 7 guys have been able to accomplish so far on this very tough, very large set.
    RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    All I can say Carlos, is whenever I look for the tough cards - Schaal IA, Haller IA, Gallagher, Expos Team, Hoerner, Reds RC, etc. they are generally a train wreck.

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Carlos,

Like I emailed you - YOU DOG!!!! The Gallagher is a winner. I got the Joe Hoerner the other day #482 in PSA 8. Those were the last two cards in the set that didn't have either an 8 or a 9. Hopefully, I can come up with a nice Gallagher in the near future. I've got a REALLY SWEET PSA 5 Gallagher.

Nice job Carlos. Its especially sweet because you found it raw and got the grade yourself. That invoice must have been like Christmas!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!