Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

55B FB fraud/missing cards

****Beware of Ebay buyer vintage_50s. Items were shipped , no payment , no reponse DEADBEAT. Missing cards:

1955 Bowman FB #156 Maurice Bassett PSA 8 Cert #04540491
1955 Bowman FB #47 Dan Towler PSA 8.5 11947132

**** Also uses buyer/seller ID anna0168 (this id off ebay now).... now selling under another name gazzdart444

Comments

• Options
    mariotownmariotown Posts: 508 ✭✭
    Did the payment somehow get reversed by PayPal? How did he end up with the cards without paying?
    I collect PSA 10 Cal Ripken, Jr. cards.
  • Options
    Cards were shipped via priority mail the day after the auction ended. Payment was never sent by the buyer..

I KNOW NEVER TRUST ANYONE UNTIL THE FUNDS CLEAR!!!
  • Options
    I would file a case with eBay and say you didn't receive the money and see what happens.
  • Options
    Done...ebay will refund my fees after unpaid item case is closed.

Buyer used another ID and tried to purchase another $500+ worth of cards from me Sunday night. Didn't pay for those either. Now I'll have to relist 6 cards.
  • Options
    You'll get your fees back but you are still out the cost of the items. Perhaps PayPal would refund for that. Did you ship with Delivery Confirmation? Can you confirm he received the package? Did you explain the situation in the eBay case?
  • Options
    Ebay is all about the bidder. I have postal insurance(signed). So, yes I'm going to file mail fraud charges. I have local police on it as well.

The clown used another ID and won another $500 + worth of cards from me Sunday. There's a few more lost sales. He' hasn't paid yet.

It gets better...I just sent him $75+ for cards under his seller Id. That's how I figured out the multiple IDs. No, I'm not expecting any cards to be actually shipped me.

SCAMMMMMER
  • Options
    Well for the $75 you sent you should get that back with a case with eBay. You'll win that if you don't get cards.
  • Options
    DEADBEAT bidder is also known as anna0168. anna0168=vintage_50s
    One stiiffed me for $400+ the other $500+.
  • Options
    oddityoddity Posts: 124 ✭✭
    Why would you ship cards that you haven't received payment for?
  • Options

^ This is what I was wondering also.
  • Options
    I know NEVER SHIP WITHOUT CLEARED FUNDS. Ebay is all about the buyer.

I tried to ship all my auctions quickly. I'd seen the buyers name before. He was buying high end cards from the same set.

The worthless Ebay feedback system really causes problems. IF you wait for funds to clear, you'll get "gigged" for slow shipping. If you read a person's feedback they look like they are 100%. Scroll down a few extra pages and the issues of the buyer's previous year(s) reveal a different story. You could have a feedback of 60%, with all kinds of negatives and Ebnay doesn't consider that in your current feedback.

With all that said, NO CASH NO SHIP ANYMORE. DEADBEATS ruin the hobby.
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Some sellers, sell cards and pretend to ship, then re-sell at a higher price. More to come.

There's a cretin on EBAY selling FB cards now and faking tracking numbers.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything should work out for you in the end.

Frankly I am surprised that anyone who has been a member here for 7 years would ship before payment was made. I can see after payment is made but before it clears, but never before payment is made. Yes, the feedback system is totally against sellers, but you can't get so worried about star rankings that you take that kind of risk.

Lesson learned.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Coming up on almost 3K ebay transactions, this is the 1st time I've been burned for $$$. I have 100% feedback forever. Not just this year or for whatever Ebay uses in their current feedback rating. I had lost packages as a sender and receiver. Those issues were worked out with the post office.

BUT a DEADBEAT that won't do the right thing and pay or return the cards??? This is a bad egg.

DEADBEAT is Joe Silvan or Slivan. Even Ebay doesn't know which name is correct. Where's he from?? Ebay lists Pompano Beach FL and Cassleberry FL. Email addresses don't work.

Word to the wise BEWARE if you run into this guy under some other names besides vintage_50s or anna0168.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>BUT a DEADBEAT that won't do the right thing and pay or return the cards??? This is a bad egg. >>

You are correct, he's not the only one. Protect yourself at all times. Please also remember over $250.00 signature confirmation is required or you could be S.O.L.

MOST people are good and honest. Lots of people on eBay means lots of "bad eggs" to go along with thr good.

Good luck in the future.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Thanks Joe.. Besides my numerous Ebay transactions, I've bought/sold/traded with a bunch of board members as well. So, the $400 mistake is a first. Tough one to swallow. I'm still following up on crimminal, postal and possibly civil action against the guy.

I do have signed delivery insurance confirmation from the post office. So, I'm not done yet.

I'll post me results....

thanks to all for listening. Any advice is welcome....
  • Options
    macboubemacboube Posts: 336 ✭✭
    Too bad...........and that card has skyrocketed in demand-price. It was one of the last pieces to my #4 current finest recently....

VCP =

7/8/12 eBay Auction $348.67 (was this the transaction gone bad? buyer = Member Id: _***a( 622) ).

Jul-08-12 19:09:08 PDT

4/22/12 eBay Auction $349.80

1/8/12 eBay $108.27

8/21/11 eBay $112.49

5/19/11 eBay $113.00

• Options
    I wanna say I have bought some '55 Bowman FB from buyer/seller ID anna0168. Not 100% certain, but that ID is very familiar.
  • Options
    Yep that's the auction he stiffed me on. The guy can only avoid me for so long.

PS...I think ur Bassett came from me too. lol (Jim?)
  • Options
    indeed it did. good service i might add. whoever this dude "anna" is really without a clue.......is it possibly worth a conviction for fraud for $500?
  • Options
    What's funniest about the whole situation is Ebay allowing this person to continue bidding and selling on their site. I know for a fact, that this guy has had other members file non-paying bidder claims against him.

Ebay can have this guy..stroll thru his older feedback.....TROUBLE. Unfortunately, I found that out a little too late.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is all this connected to your current thread? What happened with this case?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Yep..this is the same issue... Now the guy is selling my stuff on Ebay. Ebay could care less.

research on the guy is all bad. his work web site is filled with fraud. trade associations he lists are now filing charges against him. THIS IS A BAD ACTOR. Ebay? Can't understand English and has no interest in helping me. They could care less! They can't understand the unique cert # concept. CLearly the guy is selling my cards.
  • Options
    For about the past year or so, when trying to communicate with Ebay Cust. Serv., you are connected overseas, and they are so clueless - hard to hear clearly and understand, etc. I have requested to be transferred to the States and speak to somebody who speaks English as their primary language - and it never happens. It is a communication nightmare.
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Let's get together, buy your stuff back and tell PP we never got it!
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    C'mon boys...nothing illegal...lol However, I probably would welcome any help and provide a token of my appreciation. The money sting is still there. But the nerve to put them right back on Ebay is ridiculous.

What's funny is a left coast dealer has one of my cards right now. All the original packing and return address of th.e crook in Florida. I hope the Postal authorities hang this guy by the b@ll$. Ohio authorities haven't even called me back........
  • Options
    by the way 'Cuse...........GO BLUE !!!!
  • Options
    totally friendly wager...want to swap a 55b fb for the winner of the game? nothing crazy..just friendly wager
  • Options
    Ok - How 'bout this? I'll put up a '55 Topps AA 10 for a '55 B FB 10. LOL
  • Options
    yikes...i better go over to the $1 machines...lol too rich for my blood...plus no loose 10s
  • Options
    Another "fraud/"front" ID " thrown off Ebay for attempting to sell my stolen cards. finally got a police agency going after them. it gets better with each day with these guys. Multiple names/states/addresses.
    CAREFUL if your buying high grade PSA 1955B Fb or 1975 Topps PSA and unopened rack packs from FL, OH, or NV.