Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Good luck entering your cards won from Starxcards 69 set break

Once again, please delete cards you no longer own from the registry. It's a real pain to scan the cards front and back. Sorry for the gripe, but this gets old fast.
Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.

Comments

• Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    That seems to be a reoccurring problem with many sellers.

In Stark's defense, I don't believe he's a collector, so it's probably the person
    that consigned the set to him that still has it registered. If that's the case,
    Stark can do nothing about deleting the cards himself. The consignor is the
    guilty party. All they need to do is hit the 'retire the set' button and it's done.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll give the OP a +1.

I got two of those cards and despite emailing Starxcards directly, NO response. Also utilized the PSA website to send a notice to the person who has the cards registered...this, days ago. NO response again.

So, apparently I will be compelled to go the scan route to free up the cards. It is indeed an irritation! As a seller in this game, one would think there is an obligation to ensure what you sell, either by consignment or personal collection, that the cards have been removed from the registry.
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    I could be wrong but I believe retiring a set - does not delete the card from your inventory. You have to delete the card from your inventory or mark it as sold and I think that is what many sellers forget.
  • Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 823 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    TheDudeAbidesTheDudeAbides Posts: 400 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If it bothers you enough to make a post, grow a pair and leave the seller negative or neutral feedback.

I bet he will think twice about not removing cards quickly next time or sit back and take it like a man! >>

I don't see it as the sellers fault. so "growing a pair" and dropping negs or neutrals as you sugguest, is not the answer. Internet bravery and bullies are a dime a dozen. I do fault the seller for not replying to my email regarding the consignor's inability to follow a simple rule of deleting/retiring his set once it has sold. If you can put them in the registry, you should be able to understand the need to remove cards you no longer own.
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    In all fairness, Paul is at the National this week and probably left Denver last weekend to get there in time.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 823 ✭✭✭
    I thought it was the seller's set not the consignor's. Big difference...carry on! Not replying to emails the same day or following at the latest for any reason in this day and age is bad business / bad consignor.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add me to the annoyed list. I won 6 and am waiting to enter them. When you retire a set, they should remove the cards from the registry as a matter of course.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys...I won 2 cards in the Starx auction, and yes I emailed Paul, got no response...also used the PSA website to have them contact the "owner" to delete the cards...no response. I'm mostly pissed that after waiting 3 days, Paul didn't take the time to respond, National or not, I'm sure he has a laptop.

So, I jumped through the hoop, scanned the cards yesterday and this AM, Michele at PSA notified me that I could enter the cards. Just a big gnat bite, but you may as well go through the scan process or just keep being frustrated.
  • Options
    Oh you can bet the farm Paul Starx has a laptop at the National. That way he can charge you the highest possible price on his stuff and triple check VCP, The pop report , and ebay to make sure he milks every last cent out of whatever card he is selling you. He had a 64 BB set for sale at the National. Really nice...only set you back 9500...I wonder if it comes with the other half of the joint he smoked when pricing itimage
  • Options
    Not answering emails is not acceptable