Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT - Olympics - are you upset to find out the results early before watching on prime time TV?

I for one wish the people at work would keep quiet so I can watch and be suprised at night. Here is my weekly sports blog article sharing that opinion.

Comment here as you like. Social media has defiantely changed the way events like are covered to some extent.

Weekly Blog Article
Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.

Comments

• Options
    Yes!

I'm wearing blinders for the next two weeks
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's really pissing me off. As soon as I check any news site for any news, I get the results as the largest article on the site. You can't miss seeing it

Why can't they do online with what they do on TV news and warn you to look away? All they would need is a big Olympic symbol with the words "click for results"

• Options
    csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
  • Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    I was able to avoid the news sites but then people started posting results on facebook. Ugh. It's a sign of the times we live in. Tape delays just don't work anymore.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a huge PITA. You can avoid the internet all day and then some blabbermouth co-worker blurts out results anyway. We're in the instant information age and there's no turning back now.
    Daniel
  • Options
    Boo! Early reports
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    Thank God for womens beach vollyball, can i hear a heck yeaaaaaaaaaaa,,, 8;20am et love waking up to that
    imageimageimageimageimage