Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does anyone know if PSA has graders not going to the National?

Just curious as I have a couple orders that are due to pop.

Comments

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    I have one due to hit full term tomorrow... but PSA has always excused Wed-Fri of National week from being business days... so who knows image

I called CS early last week and was told my sub should be done by last Wednesday, but probably no later than Friday... of course, it never popped. When I called again then, I was told that most everything was running full term and they're would be people grading this week, but it was a skeleton crew... so not to get my hopes up... THANKS PSA image

I've got 2 others there right now too (a 10 day & a 20 day), that theoritcally should start popping next week. Got a quite a few hours left in the day to still decide if I want to send off the cards I have ready on the current July $5.50 special (since August specials suck for the 50% or more of CC members "not" going to the National).

Love ya PSA, but the backlog has been going a year strong now with no signs of letting up, customer service (albeit somewhat understanably given the wear & tear effect experienced due to the backlog) has been trending downward... just seriously getting to the point where I love my collection in their holders but I'm getting damned sick & tired of paying to be a "member" and now consistently being disappointed and/or feeling let down by their service execution. Really almost just don't want to bother giving them anymore money (be it through renewed membership, paying for submissions, giving them word-of-mouth praise, etc) until they get their act together and get the PSA train moving more the way it did pre-July 2011!!!

<Sorry to rant, but now I feel better>
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just curious as I have a couple orders that are due to pop. >>

Just the grader of death is staying….from what I hear.
  • Options
    GoldlabelsGoldlabels Posts: 359 ✭✭
    Just frustrating when you send in hundreds of cards so you can have them for the National and they don't get done on time. Loss of possible revenue
  • Options
    10-day Order received by PSA on July 11th (still waiting)
    45-day order received by PSA on July 20th (got back yesterday)

Go figure??
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I have a 30 day ticket sub that was logged on June 8th. I just called and they said not to expect anything until next week at the earliest. They should just put 60 days as the approximate wait time so if it pops after 55 ill be pleasantly surprised
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Certainly there will be graders that stay back.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Hopefully the best ones are at The show
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I had an order pop today so there are obviously graders still there.
    I've heard that PSA takes mostly veteran graders with them to the national and leaves mostly rookie graders behind
    Don't know if that's true or not
  • Options
    Anypne know if They randomly assign less experienced graders to the longer turnaround time submissions? Is this why I get so many 8's and so few 9's?
    And if everyone is sending to the shorter turnaround and getting delayed and the longer turnarounds are coming in sooner than its reasonable to conclude that it's a different set of graders on the longer turnaround time and they are not backed up.

Agree? Disagree?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anypne know if They randomly assign less experienced graders to the longer turnaround time submissions?

I don't believe that is true. My grades are pretty consistent regardless of service level. I do believe there are cyclical phases where
    grading standards are tightened up for a particular issue, but there is really no way to increase your chances at getting better grades.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.