Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

When did this forum become the new BST forum? Some of it's blended marketing and some of it is just outright "salesy". Are we okay with this now? If so, I've got a bunch of eBay auctions I'd like to plug.
Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeff - I noticed that recently too but a lot of it is newbies who don't even know the BST forum exists.
    Daniel
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    And I'm fine that, I'm sure I was guilty of it early on, as well. But there are a few members that kind of know the deal that are doing a little pseudo spamming here. At the end of the day - it's probably not even worth starting a thread - but I had to vent.
    Jeff
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    I've got a few Griffey Jr. Rookies I'm looking to sell........ wait.. what?!
  • Options

<< <i>I've got a few Griffey Jr. Rookies I'm looking to sell........ wait.. what?! >>

That's a little too blatant. Try...

------------------

Subject Line: I miss 1989 Upper Deck

You know what I really miss? I miss the days of opening 1989 Upper Deck packs (only series one - because they were the first). So I decided to buy an entire case of them, to open last weekend. What do ya know - I ended up pulling 19 near mint to mint Griffey rookies. I love this picture of him. So if anyone needs an extra raw 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr., I might know where you can find some...
    INSERT NOT-SO-SUBTLE LINK TO MY GRIFFEY EBAY AUCTIONS

------------------

That's sort of what I'm referring to.

Jeff
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    most posters here can't even comprehend the difference between sports talk and talk about cards and memorabilia, what makes you believe that they wouldn't push their own auctions in the incorrect forum too?
  • Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
    Tell me about it.

BTW, anyone want to buy an ungraded 1952 Mantle? I had a run in with all the grading companies and don't want to give them any business.
  • Options
    I agree with the op. It is getting out of hand.

I'm going to make a Forum Etiquette Rule Book. Ill be selling copy's for 9.95 if anyone wants one.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm going to make a Forum Etiquette Rule Book. Ill be selling copy's for 9.95 if anyone wants one. >>

Depending on the sales of my Griffey rookies - I might be in for one. Do you need a Griff?
    Jeff
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do my best to not spend anytime worrying about threads I don't like but if any need to go it is all of these way OT threads that have absolutely nothing to do with the hobby.

I have a bigger problem with them then the misplaced BST posts as many legitimately don't realize they are committing a message board crime.

If one of the message board cops warns the offender then the second offense should be an issue.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When did this forum become the new BST forum? Some of it's blended marketing and some of it is just outright "salesy". Are we okay with this now? If so, I've got a bunch of eBay auctions I'd like to plug. >>

does it really matter?
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

<< <i>I do my best to not spend anytime worrying about threads I don't like but if any need to go it is all of these way OT threads that have absolutely nothing to do with the hobby.

I have a bigger problem with them then the misplaced BST posts as many legitimately don't realize they are committing a message board crime.

If one of the message board cops warns the offender then the second offense should be an issue. >>

The OT topics border on spam
    Go Army, Beat Navy!
  • Options

<< <i>When did this forum become the new BST forum? Some of it's blended marketing and some of it is just outright "salesy". Are we okay with this now? If so, I've got a bunch of eBay auctions I'd like to plug. >>

Well said, Jeff.
    And yes, it does matter.

P.S. are any of the Griffeys worth grading? If so, I could use one. image
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."