Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Album or no album? Selling a low grade vintage set.

I would like you guys' opinions on selling a low grade vintage set.

Generally speaking, do complete sets sell better in a nice album? Will it be worth the time to put it in an album? Does it not make much difference?

Opine, please.

Shane

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    My opinion: If they're already in pages, leave them in there and ship without the album (securely wrap pages together). If they're in a box, just keep them in the box.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>My opinion: If they're already in pages, leave them in there and ship without the album (securely wrap pages together). If they're in a box, just keep them in the box. >>

AGREE ... especially with a low grade set. The cost to ship the album is probably almost as much as the album is worth.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    The reason why I don't ship with the album is because the pages tend to shift in transit, and it bends the cards that are closest to the rings.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have shipped sets in an album before too. It has been a while. I shipped them very securely. To me, the question isn't whether or not a set can be shipped securely in an album.

The question to me is about the presentation of the set. Is a set more desirable in an album, no album, or does it even matter.

The sets I shipped a few years ago were already in albums. This set is not. However, I do have many extra pages and extra albums.

Shane

• Options
    I say 50+ stamped envelopes.

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have shipped sets in an album before too. It has been a while. I shipped them very securely. To me, the question isn't whether or not a set can be shipped securely in an album.

The question to me is about the presentation of the set. Is a set more desirable in an album, no album, or does it even matter.

The sets I shipped a few years ago were already in albums. This set is not. However, I do have many extra pages and extra albums. >>

I would prefer to receive a set in a box and put them in a binder myself - more enjoyable that way for me.

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>

<< <i>I have shipped sets in an album before too. It has been a while. I shipped them very securely. To me, the question isn't whether or not a set can be shipped securely in an album.

The sets I shipped a few years ago were already in albums. This set is not. However, I do have many extra pages and extra albums. >>

I would prefer to receive a set in a box and put them in a binder myself - more enjoyable that way for me. >>

+1

Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey