Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

eBay procedure question

After 14 years and 1275+ transactions as a buyer I've finally had my first item lost in the mail from the other side of the pond.

I won the Conder token on June 25th and it was mailed the next day from Seaford, East Sussex. Seller has been informed and has no problem with issuing a refund.
The question is - what do I need to file with eBay/Paypal? I paid with a CC.
R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
Collecting:
Conder tokens
19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm

Comments

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    If the seller has problem with issuing a refund, just ask and they'll be able to refund you. If they drag their feet on issuing one, just open a paypal claim for item not received. I believe you have to start a claim within 30 days of the payment date in order to be covered.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Yeah eBay will make you wait a certain number of days before allowing you to open a case, but PayPal has a maximum number of days before their Statute of Limitations kicks in. You will most likely be able to resolve the issue with eBay and their customer support is easily accessible by phone 24-7. I've called a number of times and they always answer politely and address my concerns.

I will say this ... be sure you Open a Case for Item Not Received in the Resolution Center. There are a couple different ways to open cases on ebay and not all have the same outcome. Also, not all are for missing items. Just be careful what you click. Don't go canceling the transaction, for example. And don't leave feedback until after you've gotten your money back.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    If the seller has no problem making a refund why do anything other than accept the refund, it's all do automatically.