Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

SCAN!! Have a 1983 Coca Cola Muhammad Ali Cassius Clay Olympic Card

I have a 1983 Olympic Card of Cassius Clay (four card panel with him on it) and I looked on the Pop Report and there have been no cards graded in the set of 48. Meanwhile, there have been some of the M & M cards graded and Hostess cards graded from twinkie boxes but none of these. I am sure that this is a licensed product and I know the set is hard to find because I searched for years for the Dan Gable but he was not included here. Only a wrestling card of Ben Peterson in the lot of 48. Anyone else have information on these cards? I am going to look to sell the Muhammad Ali card but wonder about appropriate pricing on it.

Thanks for the help. Will try to get a scan.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    I don't think I've ever seen it. Can you post a scan?
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Here is the scan of the Coca Cola Cassius Clay card, same image but with a Coke logo with none of them graded by PSA.

Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    i would send scans of the front and back to PSA customer support and ask if they will grade it. Include all the info you have on it to help them out. Also ask how you should cut it. If they will agree to grading it i would def cut it and get it slabbed and throw it on ebay. Odd ball items sell way better when they are slabbed i have noticed.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip. I do not see any reason why it should not be slabbed. PSA does grade the M & M's and Hostess variations to the set. I would just need some guidance on how to do it. It would be best as a four card slab I would think. These seem a little smaller than the trading cards by just a little and I would not want to cut them to size only to figure out that I got a minimum size requirement.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    relay the size info to psa and ask for guidance. Sometimes you have to be a little persistent with them because i don't think slabbing oddball items is a high priority for them so they usually say no at first and it takes some going back and forth. I think having it cut and slabbed would get you the best price... just my opinion though
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    I would need to talk to them for sure as there is very little white border in comparison to the base card and you can clearly see there is little to work with on the original here. Just the way these ones were made. I do think the best price would be to have it cut and slabbed for sure.
  • Options
    I also have the Coca Cola entire set with George Foreman, Floyd Patterson, and Joe Frazier..... it is a cool little set.
  • Options
    I didn't have to educate PSA on this one as I got a nice price via ebay for the Cassius Clay Coca Cola four card panel. I thought I had something unique for sure. I'm glad that the big time boxing collector got it as I messaged him years ago and he seemed like a good guy. We should both be happy here. :-) I had two offers for this right away. I put in a hefty price just to see before having to do the whole PSA route and I'm happy without having to go through the motions with them.