Home Metal Detecting

My first hunt in over two years.

Since I moved to Arizona more than three years ago, (I am now 78 years 0ld) I have not been able to swing a coil here, as most area's are off limits for metal detecting. Many parks have signs up..NO METAL DETECTING!!!! All Native American grounds are forbidden. If caught detecting on their property, there are some pretty heavy fines. So, my wife and I took a three week vacation to Appleton, Wisconsin and I was able to get out with my grandson about 4-5 times. My grandson is almost (13) years old and he didn't like doing it. He was too busy using his ipod, cell phone, and lap top.

I didn't find anything valuable, but I did find several current coins. My totals were:
106 Cents
8 Nickels
58 Dimes
120 quarters
1 Sacagawea Dollar
Total amount I found was $38.26.

I tried to post a picture of the pile of what I call junk coins but, it has also been over two years since I posted on this site and I can't seem to get a picture to come up. I use Photbucket and when I post the link of the picture, it comes up blank here.

I plan on visiting Spokane, Washington in two months so I will get to swing the coil again. MDH

Comments

• Congratulations! Thats a lot of digging and good results! 78!!!!!! I hope I'm doing the same at that age!!! GOOD for you!! Rich
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats on the dig image
  • Congratulations on your finds, and on your ability to still get out hunting.
    Too bad about Arizona being a tough place to find hunting grounds.
    I know what you mean about hunting on restricted grounds, whether it be Native American; Federal and State grounds deemed a memorial/or Park.

Anyway keep up the faith and hunt as often as you are able.

God Bless
    D.H.
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like you hit some pretty good spots.image
  • Hello ROCKETMAN......
    Thanks for your comments. I try to keep in shape. I only weight 175 pounds so I don't have that much weight to haul around. I stopped drinking alcohol (25) years ago and stopped those terrible cigarettes about (16) years ago. I walk 2-3 miles just about every day. My colesterol is 137, my blood pressure is 120 over 72, and I am married to a great lady, who actually bought my first machine for my birthday in 1995. I a=m going to try and post a picture of the clad coins. MDH
  • Ha ha.....That sure isn't a picture of any coins.....LOL It is a picture however; of a old ghost town in the Santa Rita Mountains here in Arizona that I detected a few years back. Didn't find anything made of metal at the site. my buddy did find a 53 Franklyn half that day though. I will try one more time to post the cald coins I found. MDH
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you're still puttin' the coil to the soil. I hope I will be, at 78. Heck, I can only hope I'll make it to 78. (Maybe not, unless I quit smoking and lose a lot of weight.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.