Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

post/opinion no longer available

Comments

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Make sure you save the Gregg Jeffries rookies for me, those things are going to be HOT!
    Go Army, Beat Navy!
  • stillyzstillyz Posts: 127
    100% sure my wife would divorce me in a second if I came home with all that....

I'd offer him $2k though.
    Workin on:71 Topps Baseball, PSA 7 or better, Dan Marino Master Set
    Sportlots inventory:
    splot
    My eBay store:
    ebay
  • I bet the guy would take a grand just to be done with it. That's a lot of cash for something that is taking up space in a soggy basement
    Go Army, Beat Navy!
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I like how he says he is "99.9% sure there is a chipper/arod dual auto in there"

Yeah, like a collector wouldnt have the best cards pulled seperately
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Make sure you save the Gregg Jeffries rookies for me, those things are going to be HOT! >>

I also hear good things about David West & Mike Harkey

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    They say that Mike Greenwell and Hensley Meulans are going to have HOF careers. Hopefully there are a few thousand of them in those boxes.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

• I live in Grand Rapids. I'd be willing to head over and check it out in person. If someone can post on that other board let him know and I'll send over my contact info.

PM me.

• << <i>

<< <i>Make sure you save the Gregg Jeffries rookies for me, those things are going to be HOT! >>

I also hear good things about David West & Mike Harkey

IMF >>

Don't forget about Todd Van Poppel
    Go Army, Beat Navy!
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    dibs on the Kevin Maas cards.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    What is the best way to profit on this? Pull key cards from sets for resale and discard the rest? Sometimes you can sell individual star cards from sets for more than you can sell the complete set.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • JaktJakt Posts: 573
    Anyone read the full thread on that other board? It is actually pretty entertaining.
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    make sure you don't touch any of the dangling electrical lines....unique way to protect a collection.....shocking!!
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    You should read some of his tweets. Here are a few samples:

"I pooped, man that hurt. But I feel better."

"You are the worst. No class and no business sense. Go take a dirt nap."

"Woke up because it smelled like cigarettes in my room. Someone burnt the hell out of some popcorn!!!

I can't believe he has only 12 followers on Twitter and is having a hard time selling his friends junk. What a douchebag.

• Cokin75Cokin75 Posts: 243 ✭✭
    Looks like someone has a ton of junk that they want to get rid of, and added some 'cherries' into the lot (Aaron, Ripken RC's, etc.) to make the lot more attractive. I highly doubt that this is anything more than the picked over remnants of a collection from the 80's/90's and/or some guy's unsold flea market inventory. I'm not sure if I would take the stuff for free given the hassle of moving everything (and likely disposing of nearly 100 percent of it).
  • saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like someone has a ton of junk that they want to get rid of, and added some 'cherries' into the lot (Aaron, Ripken RC's, etc.) to make the lot more attractive. I highly doubt that this is anything more than the picked over remnants of a collection from the 80's/90's and/or some guy's unsold flea market inventory. I'm not sure if I would take the stuff for free given the hassle of moving everything (and likely disposing of nearly 100 percent of it). >>

Winna
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com