Home U.S. Coin Forum

No Post Previews Today?

thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else having trouble when clicking on the "preview message" function here today? image
I can't get any previews to show, but when I click "post message", everything is visible in the post.
I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
- Jim

Comments

• 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problem.
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed that for the last few days. I just figured it was my problem.
  • deviousdevious Posts: 1,690
    Been over a week or more now... Thought it was just me, too. Guess not!
  • MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    I've experienced the same problem for about a week now.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Been over a week or more now... Thought it was just me, too. Guess not! >>

Me 2...
  • TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here...image
    Trade $'s
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    I have had the same problem for the last few days, no matter what browser I use.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ditto.

Whew! I thought it was me.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've noticed that for the last few days. I just figured it was my problem. >>

Ditto. Noticed it last week but thought it was me.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If any of you have been following the progression, it is just another footstep that the software for this site is taking in the direction of complete obsolescence. First came the loss of the search function for finding prior threads, them the search function of "Who's On" dropped out. Now the preview function is inoperative. I wonder what might next become incompatible with current browser versions. Maybe it is a planned decommission of the site as it existed, in a move toward a subscription based use.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If any of you have been following the progression, it is just another footstep that the software for this site is taking in the direction of complete obsolescence. First came the loss of the search function for finding prior threads, them the search function of "Who's On" dropped out. Now the preview function is inoperative. I wonder what might next become incompatible with current browser versions. Maybe it is a planned decommission of the site as it existed, in a move toward a subscription based use. >>

Not sure what missing "search function" you are talking about......I can search.
    Of course, I am using Internet Explorer 9 and not one of the wannabe browsers image
    Also using a PC and not an apple product to do it.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is different from the search function not working on many newer browsers. Preview stopped working on browsers on which it previously worked.
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If any of you have been following the progression, it is just another footstep that the software for this site is taking in the direction of complete obsolescence. First came the loss of the search function for finding prior threads, them the search function of "Who's On" dropped out. Now the preview function is inoperative. I wonder what might next become incompatible with current browser versions. Maybe it is a planned decommission of the site as it existed, in a move toward a subscription based use. >>

...i believe you're onto something "oh great deep thinker you." image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    I have a Mac with OS 10.6.8, and I use Firefox 14.0.1. Lost the Preview function some days ago, and I miss it.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone else having trouble when clicking on the "preview message" function here today? image
    I can't get any previews to show, but when I click "post message", everything is visible in the post. >>

I thought i was due to my upgrade to IE9 but evidently not.

Thanks for bringing this up.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    Holy Baloney.

I just noticed the date on the OP?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Been over a week or more now... Thought it was just me, too. Guess not! >>

Me 2...
    image >>

me as well image
  • mingotmingot Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭
    The change was the post window is now "secure" (over https) and the preview window is not, so when the preview window tries to get the contents from the secure post screen it can't. Someone at PCGS probably needs to turn secure posting off or enable security on the preview page.

Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL https://forums.collectors.com/messagepost.cfm?catid=26&postaction=post from frame with URL http://forums.collectors.com/prevmsg.cfm?formname=messagepostform. Domains, protocols and ports must match.
  • mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if PREVIEW will ever get fixed. image
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, at least a week.
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been going on since late July.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file