Home Sports Talk
Options

Halladay

mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
Roy Halladay has forgotten how to pitch and may not be the 5th best starting pitcher in Phila today. Discuss.
Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Minnesota Twins might be able to find a spot for him in their rotation!
    Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Not nearly as shocking as what's happened to Tim Lincecum this year. Lincecum is one of the WORST starting pitcher (with 14 or more starts) in all of baseball right now.

Lincecum = 4-11, 5.88 era, 1.513 whip

The title of "worst" may belong to former Giant Jonathan Sanchez, who's 1-8, with a 8.32 era and a 2.09 whip.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he has more arm issues that what they want everyone to know. He looks like a completely different pitcher than he did this time last year!
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    It's been a strange year for normally great starting pitchers. Other than Lincecum and Halladay even guys like C.C. Sabathia and Clayton Kershaw (although you couldn't tell this afternoon) haven't been as dominant as they have been in the last few years.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Cliff Lee is having the worst luck... 1-6, but has a 3.955 ERA with 112 Ks in 118.2 innings. Can a brotha get some run support?
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think he has more arm issues that what they want everyone to know. He looks like a completely different pitcher than he did this time last year! >>

+1. I too think this has to be injury related. I can't believe that Halladay has just reached a point in his career where his stuff is truly gone. But this is not the same Halladay that I've ever seen before.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Wonder if folks think he's a HOF'er?
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    In addition to Halladay and Lincecum suddenly appearing to lose it, I'd add Jon Lester to the list. 5-8, 5.49 ERA, 1.44 WHIP . . . and yet he says there's nothing physically wrong?