Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Is this Hall Mint Taler a restrike?

I was just tipped off that this might be a restrike. It is currently on eBay and ending in a few hours, so if it's a restrike I'll have a friend place a nuclear bid so it doesn't sell. But before I do that, I figured I'd come here for a second opinion that is likely more reliable.

Thanks,

Jeremy
JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments

• Options
    3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Jeremy:

See below bust. It's a Lauer restrike.

3 Mark
    I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt realize these have restrikes.
  • Options
    DeiGratiaDeiGratia Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    Yes these were made of base metal silver plated by lauer of Nuremberg.

Looks like the silver plating has worn off on this version
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Wasn't aware of this either. Is there a listing of Lauer restrikes somewhere?

Thanks for the useful info!

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. I decided against the nuclear bid in case someone does want it as a restrike, but have put a note in the listing (see the revised image) and will email the high bidder when it closes (l've already emailed the current high bidder).
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research