Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is it worth getting my Kiner RCs signed?

Does it pay to crack these out, have Kiner sign them at the White Plains show ($30) and re-slab them?
linky for WP show

Comments

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I say yes.. they won't be easy to get signed after he is gone..
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    If you are concerned about ROI, then I would just get the authentic one signed and then slabbed in a blue-flip.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>If you are concerned about ROI, then I would just get the authentic one signed and then slabbed in a blue-flip. >>

+1 - If it's a real nice sig you may want to get the sig graded. If not, I think a red flip "Authentic" would be just as good.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If you are concerned about ROI, then I would just get the authentic one signed and then slabbed in a blue-flip. >>

+1 - If it's a real nice sig you may want to get the sig graded. If not, I think a red flip "Authentic" would be just as good. >>

I agree with this. I would follow the above posters advice
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Just get the authentic one signed. I think pen would look best on it rather than a marker of some sort.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    His Bowman's yes, Leaf's no.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Why bother unless you just really wanted to meet him or really wanted the card autographed? Kiner has been a prolific signer for decades, his auto is extremely common and does not add any sort of value to the card. The only reason you would get that card signed is if it would have a special meaning to you. If you just wanted to meet him and have him auto something, I'd get it on an 8x10 or a ball, something you could easily display.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely get them signed. Sign cards, especially RCs have growing interest. You will always be able to replace the card itself.