Home U.S. Coin Forum

Guess The Grade 5 Morgans 1 Barber Half VIDEO EDITION (Now with 100% More pictures!)

Alright so I figured I'd try something a little different. If people hate it I'll never do it again I promise. image I made a video of the coins being sent out to get graded. If you want to skip my story and talking and get to the coins go to 5:45

My Video On YouTube

Hope you guys enjoy it and have some fun with it. Be gentle image

Coins shown:

Morgans:

1878-S
1881-S
1890-S

Barber Half:

Edit:

Here's my thread for the first coin I purchased! (Which is also shown in this video)

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=862293
Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics

Comments

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun little group of coins! But, no CC? Ah, that's okay. Thought at first you were going
    to show us MDing finds but then you said you paid for them. Oh, well.

Can't say that I could grade those via a video. I think they have to be in hand or at
    least a stationary pic like posted here.

What year was that IHC you did dig up?

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Here I thought the video would make it easier to grade image Oh well!

This is my first coin video that isn't stuff I've dug up. I'd have a heart attack if I dug up a Morgan! Or a Barber half for that matter...

Unfortunately he didn't have any CC Morgans. I'll get one one day! I promise!

That Indian Head is 1892!
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
    Alright here are pictures too for those of you who'd rather grade from these (which I'm sure is the majority)

Sorry I suck at coin photography!

Morgans:

1878-S

1881-S

1890-S

Barber Half:

Justin From Jersey

• lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    i always wash my hands with dawn before even handling coins by rim incase of a slip...<<<just a tip
    becareful with nail polish/acetone
    always best to buy pure 100% acetone in the hardware section <<<<advice

just guesses from images supplied
    1)63
    2)63
    3)58 or 62
    4)58 or 62
    5)58
    6)vf25

neat lil video
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

<< <i>becareful with nail polish/acetone
    always best to buy pure 100% acetone in the hardware section >>

Yes I was careful with this one. It's pure Acetone along with Denatonium Benzoate which is just a small amount of chemical to make it taste bitter. I looked into it before using it and it's supposedly harmless to coins but I went ahead and made sure to rinse them all very well with Distilled Water in an abundance of caution image
    Justin From Jersey

Thanks Teddy!
    Justin From Jersey

Let me know if you guys want me to take more/different pictures. Trying to make this fun/educational for all image
    Justin From Jersey

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    embarrassment time

55 or 58 ?
    color and out of focus makes the reverse hard to tell. 64?

don't want to guess on Barber, I don't see enough of them on here.

please PM me to tell me how close I was
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>embarrassment time

55 or 58 ?
    color and out of focus makes the reverse hard to tell. 64?

don't want to guess on Barber, I don't see enough of them on here.

please PM me to tell me how close I was >>

Haven't sent them out yet. Once I do I'll update this thread image
    Justin From Jersey

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know much about morgans. I hope they are worth the price of admission.
    that last one may grade higher than 64. I dunno. 65?

I wish we had more guesses, but it's not as much fun without the quick feedback from slab pictures.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    Oh but the suspense! image

It's my first PCGS submission so I'm looking forward to it. I honestly thought all these were at least MS64 but Walkers are much more my thing image
    Justin From Jersey

• Crazy4CoinsCrazy4Coins Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭
    I'll give it a go.....from the pics:

F12

<< <i>I'll give it a go.....from the pics:

F12 >>

Appreciate the reply Randy! That's pretty much what I'm seeing + or - a grade.

Thought the Half was a 25 or 30 though. image Can't wait to ship these out and get 'em back!
    Justin From Jersey

• Crazy4CoinsCrazy4Coins Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭
    To get a VF20 or above, LIBERTY has to be sharp. From what I am seeing some of the letters may just barely be legible.

As long as all of the letters are visible.....the coin should grade F12....maybe F15

Thanks Randy I was looking at the grading images here. I guess they're way off base image

http://coinauctionshelp.com/how_to_grade_barber_head_coins.html
    Justin From Jersey

• JamesMJamesM Posts: 757
    Great video, you show your passion for collecting and it made the video enjoyable.
    --- Mayer Numismatics --- Collectors Corner --- (888) 822 - COIN ---

<< <i>Great video, you show your passion for collecting and it made the video enjoyable. >>

I'm very happy that you liked it. That's the whole reason that I made it! image

I just wish I had more people in my neck of the woods to sit down and talk coins with.
    Justin From Jersey

Packaging these up and shipping them out this week! image
    Justin From Jersey

• lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    good luck on the grades
    exciting aye...your 1st submission
    hopefully i was off...way off on all on um tooimage
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

<< <i>good luck on the grades
    exciting aye...your 1st submission
    hopefully i was off...way off on all on um tooimage >>

Thanks Teddy! You were more generous in my other thread.

This:

65/66 is not out the question

Turned into 63 on this thread! image

I am rather excited.
    Justin From Jersey

These are at PCGS now. Should have grades in the next week or two. image

I am exceptionally anxiously excited for this.
    Justin From Jersey

• georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck to you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file