Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Chipper Jones rookie card, wait until he retires?

I'm planning to sell my Chipper Jones rookie card along with a thick album of baseball cards by other greats (Nolan Ryan, other 80s and 90s players). Anyway I'm wondering if I will get more money for the CJ rookie if I wait until after he retires?

I don't have any experience at all, selling baseball cards. Advice is appreciated. Better to sell while they're still in the game?
ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

Comments

• Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭
    Chipper common RCs peaked many years ago, and have been stabilized, and will be this way for quite awhile I believe. Ton of them out there at cheap prices.
    Tougher RCs like his Tiffany and Desert Storm should continue to be in good demand, especially in high grades.
    As for the binder, I'd slab the best cards if any, especially the top player like Ryan, Brett, etc., as there probably won't be much interest in it as a whole, though I haven't a clue as to what specific cards or the conditions are in it.

Good luck!
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    OK thanks for the info. I've got a ton of players from every team, would take hours just to type them all here. Some are autographed, most are Topps, a couple are re-issues (like a Hank Aaron from the '90s). Maybe one day I'll make time to sort.

Is there a website that lists the top-selling players and/or cards? (as opposed to looking up each card in the Beckett mag)

My problem is they're organized by team, not year or alphabetical, so it may take a while to find even one specific name.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE