Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Best place to sell 1986 and after sets?

Looking to move most of my baseball collection but it seems most of the dealers are (not surprisingly) interested.

What's the best way to move these?

Comments

• Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    Try th BST boards.

Also, note that some sets sell for $2.
  • Options
    Unless you have a lot of sets from this era, and you can find a local buyer who is willing to buy them all in bulk, my advice is don't bother. Your time is worth more than the return you would get. Put them back in storage if you have the room..... or donate them, or throw them away.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options

<< <i>What's the best way to move these? >>

They're pretty heavy, so lift with the legs, not with your back.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice guys. I think I will eventually hand them down to my nephew (who is 7 months right now)
  • Options
    Consign to guys that'll safety bid em for ya! image
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    Get creative with them..
    Commons into Art
  • Options
    JJacksJJacks Posts: 759

How about giving some away to kids, and helping the cards be better viewed someday by tearing up the rest? I literally tore up an entire 1989 Donruss wax case once (!). Multiply that by 100 and you never know...
    Always buying music cards of artists I like! PSA or raw! Esp want PSA 10s 1991 Musicards Marx, Elton, Bryan Adams, etc. And 92/93 Country Gold AJ, Clint Black, Tim McGraw PSA 10s
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Here is another place taking donations.

Commons4kids
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I listed a bunch as a single lot on Craigslist. So far in 1 month, I've gotten 2 hits from spam/scam-bots, and 1 from a deadbeat who arranged a time to meet and never showed up.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Find a flea market and try and sell to someone that sets up all the time. Be willing to accept about 5% of book and be happy someone offered you anything at all. I generally have most of my sets from the overprint era priced at $5 per sealed factory set and $3-4 for hand collated. They actually sell ok, but I would only pay about a buck if offered to buy
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    Craigs list. It's worth a try.

Dave
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭

<< <i>Perhaps think about donating them to places like these and take a tax deduction for 'book' value. >>

Do you get a receipt from them or do you just write them off on your taxes?