Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1975 Topps Baseball Mini

I'm attempting to put together a group of 32 PSA 1975 Topps Minis for my son for his 12th birthday. I was 12 in 1975 and thought this would be a great gift for my son. I return home in November from my fourth, and hopefully final, combat tour.

A few questions:

I'm contemplating purchasing a box from BBCE for him to rip if I'm unsuccessful in locating the 32. I saw the Charlie Conlon Collection was sold in 2009 and contained 416 boxes of '75 Minis. Have the majority been absorbed in collections? Rip'd open? Picked? What are the odds of purchasing a "real" box on eBay?

I purchased an empty box, a 32 PSA card display frame and am looking for all 4 ad panels from the wax packs in PSA 9. If I can find any of the 32 in cello on top in PSA 9 holders, I'll pick them up too. I saw the small group of cello boxes on REA and hope to locate a cello box. They mentioned rack packs; are they rare? I noticed three in GAI holders, but am always suspect of anything in GAI (I know they could be good, but they were all loaded with star cards on top).

Who/where are the best sources for high grade PSA '75 Minis?
WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• Options
    ToroToro Posts: 1,515
    Great gift and it should look good. Maybe mix in some Topps Lineage from last year or the 2012 Topps Mini that were sold on Topps.com also. Larry Fristch had cellos for sale at $90 or so in their last catalog.