Home Sports Talk
Options

Looking for a baseball statistics website

Hello,

I have been trying to find a website that will provide baseball statistics in a particular manner.

I am looking for a site that anyone may know of that will allow me to sort stats by time period that is more specific than an entire season or just the last 7 or 14 days. For example, I want to be able to sort by month for the current year and years past. While I know I may be able to find the monthly breakdowns for each individual player, I am trying to find out how players stack up against each other within each month. I am also hoping there is something out there that would allow me to search for all stats accumulated between the date of April 1st through May 15th or June 5th through July 17th. Not those dates specifically, but I am trying to control the start and end times of the period.

I usually refer to baseball-reference.com, thebasbeballcube.com, baseball-almanac.com and mlb.com but if these sites have this function I am unable to find it.

Any advice or help is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Send an email to baseball-reference.com. You will get an answer. Check out billjamesonline.com, http://www.baseball-encyclopedia.com/, and http://www.retrosheet.org/.
  • Options
    You can look at all players by month on ESPN. I don't know if you can specify dates, but you can do the monthly splits:

Example of July 2004 stats
  • Options
    WFC2008WFC2008 Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Thank you both. I never heard of the baseball-encyclopedia site before but there services interest me. I actually never thought to use ESPN as I have pretty much dismissed their coverage of baseball in favor of the MLB network but that is exactly what I am looking for. I then just found that the break downs are on fangraphs.com as well.

I am trying to build a database that will hopefully allow me to predict behavior more accurately for fantasy baseball purposes as far as when to pick up/drop, trade/trade for. I finally did one this year this based solely on 2012 projections to assign an over all value based on where each player ranks in each statistical category against their peers and now I am looking to expand to try to take in past performances as well and continue to update based on performance for the current year. Basically, I want to eliminate name bias and focus only on what matters, the numbers. Doing it this year allowed me to take Tommy Milone with my last purchase in every draft while my fellow owners were bidding up Jon Lester.