Home Sports Talk
Options

Cleveland Browns To Be Sold To A Steeler Fan/Owner

So alot of talk in Ohio about the Browns being sold. Rumor started as someone buying an "investment share" now it looks like its the entire ball of wax. The man looking to buy the team is Jimmy Haslam. Jimmy is the founder of Pilot / Flying J travel stations and he is part owner of the Steelers. How strange os that! Does he have ill intentions of moving the team to L.A.?
Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's

Comments

• Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    It would give Browns fans someone to hate besides Modell, and then all the browns records and history can stay in L.a. the same way the Indianapolis Colts treated the Baltimore Colts history.
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    The NFL sure loves that "moving to L.A." card. I've heard about the Vikings, Chargers, Raiders, Jaguars, Bills, Browns and Rams all moving to LA at some point in the last 5 years. That's 25% of the league and I am probably forgetting a few teams. I wish the mayors of all the NFL cities would form an alliance and take some power from the NFL. This is absurd.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options

<< <i>I wish the mayors of all the NFL cities would form an alliance and take some power from the NFL. This is absurd. >>

Cleveland Mayor came out and said the team is locked in to a lease until 2029. If they try and break the lease, legal actions will be taken.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    He's only selling some of his share to the team, but keeping the majority.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    That's not some kind of conflict of interest owning pieces of two teams? I mean, they're in the same division too. I'd be kinda surprised if he doesn't have to give up the Steelers' stake.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He's only selling some of his share to the team, but keeping the majority. >>

Hmmm... I may have been mistaken in my assessment. image
  • Options

<< <i>That's not some kind of conflict of interest owning pieces of two teams? I mean, they're in the same division too. I'd be kinda surprised if he doesn't have to give up the Steelers' stake. >>

He will be selling off his Steelers ownership, or maybe give them to his some. Im not sure how that works. Haslam will take over control with 90 % ownership of the team.
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I can't see the NFL taking a team out of Cleveland AGAIN. How's attendance out there? It's not Jacksonville bad, right?
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    believe it or not folks still go to the games although I stopped my season tickets three years ago.....just couldn't stand having to pay the silly PSL fees every year and getting nothin for it.

al.

OOPS, forgot to say I did get a cap one year with my section number on the back....big whoop...