Home U.S. Coin Forum

truviews in...grades in on proof lincolns and 1835 cbh-truviews to come

yayy...coins were entered on 7-11...truview...economy service...14 days...quick i say
1937 pr63brn lincoln.................2sided beauty cracked out from a anacs blue pr61brn holder....2 point upgrade...i thought it'd go 64
1961 pr66rb lincoln...................it's a beauty from modcrewman
1835 au53 capped bust half.....$200 raw ebay purchase in a picture frame....i'm way happy 1st cbh ever bought by me

truviews later tonight should be looking real spiffy
below is revision phil made for the lincoln to better display his color...phil really does ensure his work here to please

truview adjusted for reverse "details and luster" below...less muted reverse i say...thanks phil
everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

Comments

• TomBTomB Posts: 21,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good work on the CBH. I recall seeing an image of it and thought it looked polished, though I do not remember if I stated so in your thread.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    yeah tom my crappy images sooo need work
    but i was concerned over a scratch by the date...but i tend to believe in early date forgiveness happens
    makes up for the 1824 i bought which will never see a grader or slab...image

thanks tom as i've huge respects for you in early stuff maybe when truview is posted you can see if it's an overton number too?
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• robecrobec Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great submission Teddy.

Can't wait to see the TrueViews on the Lincoln's.
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wat to go Ted!!image
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    hey! I am seeing improvement here!

bump for truviews

• michiganboymichiganboy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭
    Now honestly you did good on those, I really like the CBH tru-veiw look.
    Positive BST transactions:michaeldixon,nibanny,
    type2,CCHunter.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Teddy!
    The 1835 Lady is a pickup!!!!
    Nice 37 Lincoln crackout, must have been a small holderimage

Congrats!! Nice coins, and nice images, Phil!!!!
  • Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    Teddy! Way to go brother! That CBH is to die for but you know me I love my lincolns and that 37 proof is a stone cold stunner!

-Tom
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • GABGAB Posts: 641
    A very nice O-101 CBH (R1), especially for the price!
    Check out the 3rd line of stripe 5 (from the left as you are looking at it) in the shield on the reverse.
    This same reverse was also used on the O-121 from 1834.
    Golf time!!
    phil is great to work with...see new truviews displaying adjustments

• ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree Teddy that the photo of that 1961 is missing a lot of the color that's there. I really am not very good at capturing color, and here's what my pictures looked like.

• guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭
    wow, nice coins LVT! Especially like the CBH. I remember your original thread on it. Nice pickup.

Great looking colors on those Lincs.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
    i'll be back
    as i asked phil to make adjustments accordingly to the 1835 cbh and 61' lincoln

<< <i>i'll be back
    as i asked phil to make adjustments accordingly to the 1835 cbh and 61' lincoln >>

Teddy, I have a 1961 very similar to yours. I haven't sent it in for a TrueView yet, but will shortly.

I think you will have to tell Phil what type color you are looking for.
    These toners have several different looks depending on how the light is hitting the surface..

You night want something that fall somewhere in between the neon and the primary colors.

Not the best shots, but they show similarities with your 1961.

imageimage

imageimage
    Outstanding comparison Robec.
    """Teddy, I have a 1961 very similar to yours. I haven't sent it in for a TrueView yet, but will shortly.

I think you will have to tell Phil what type color you are looking for.
    These toners have several different looks depending on how the light is hitting the surface..

You night want something that fall somewhere in between the neon and the primary colors.

Not the best shots, but they show similarities with your 1961."""

yeah phil says he needs a heads up on imaging certain toners
    most lincolns he just brightens the fields up as default...i think they need more of color boost adjustment
    the image shoots through the top patina where the color lays
    "so noted"
    special notes for special coins

phil caught the reverse better on my cbh in my opinion...luster and detail hides less on 2nd set of truviews...the eagle is more aliveimage
    he's real quick to hop on such matters...a big thanks to pcgs n phil...image

phil also caught the essence now on the 1961 too...yayyy

Wow...maybe I'm better at color than I thought! I think the new one is much improved. image

I'd say you did pretty doggone good!! Maybe Phil need another new assistant.
  • 1tommy1tommy Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd say you did pretty doggone good!! Maybe Phil need another new assistant. >>

+1 Congrats on the grades Teddy.......Enjoy tomimage
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them are sweet Teddy. I particularly like the '37. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file