Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS PR70 IKES Above Reserve; 72 over $4,000 !

In the Heritage CSNS Signature Sale the 1972-S PCGS PR70 DCAM(lot 6549) is over $4,000 with buyers premium and the 1974 -S PCGS PR70 DCAM is above the reserve at almost $1,900 with buyers premium! See HERITAGE WEB SITE.
Also, all the other proofs in the tied for #1 Registry set are above their reserves. How far can these go?

In the associated Bullet Sale for CSNS; a top 20 Circ Ike registry set is being auctioned - 71s silver in 67 (lot 1401); 72D in 66 (lot 1404); 73D in 66 (lot 1407); 74 in 66 (lot 1414); 3 76 ty2 in 66 (lots 1421-1423); and 78D in 66 (lot 1432).

ALSO, lots of registry quality Lincolns ( sorry they're NGC); and a "lot" of PR69 dCAm Kennedys.

Tom

Comments

• Options
    khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    If I stared at that 72-S for hours and was completely convinced
    that it was the only perfect Ike on the planet, then maybe,
    just maybe...but it's such a small difference in quality for
    such a large difference in price (what if there was something
    you missed, it doesn't have to be much).

Good luck to the two dedicated bidders.

-KHayse
  • Options
    supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    Ah, our old friends serial numbers #77329xx and #7330xx. image At least that 72-S is one of the better looking ones from what I can tell from the photo, though the cameo looks a little weak along the back of the portrait.

PCGS must bite their nails every time the bar is raised on these PR70s, hoping none of them come "home".
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭

> the 1974 -S PCGS PR70 DCAM is above the reserve at almost
    > $1,900 with buyers premium

Still a good deal. Buy it below $2000 and send it in to down-grade it to its real grade and get the refund from PCGS. PCGS daily price for the MS70DCAM 1974S Ike is $2800. imageimage
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    oops

dont think anyone wanted that pointed out

shhhhhhh

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    So what if a few guys who owned a few put these up in a high visibility auction, bid them up and ran up the quote for a couple of months and then waited for someone else to bid in on the auctions........ nah, could never happen, no one tries to manipulate coin prices>
    So, Anyone have the latest quote on "Tulip Bulbs" in Europe?

• Options
    BTW 72-S is now over $4700 with buyers premium and 74-S is just under $3800 with buyers premium.

Ah hem since I'm listing these for sale, I can assure you I'm not trying to pump the market for the future.

Many of the PR69 DCAMS are still BIG bargains in this auction and most are past their reserves. Note the Signature auction dosen't have an anti snipe period and a big Ike guy has emailed me that he will be at the Auction in person.

Now the bullet sale with the circ Ikes doe have an anti snipe time since it technically is held "online" although the pieces can be seen at CSNS.

Tom

PS Supercoin - didn't I give you a shot at buying these a couple of months ago?<g>
  • Options
    These are your coins?? Better be more clear next time, luckily I was on my good behavior!

Actually, no I don't recall you offering me these coins, unless I'm completely spacing it out. Though at $8500 for the pair you're doing better than I would have paid -- oh, probably $8300 tops for my personal collection. image

That is simply amazing. Will be interesting to see where they land, good luck!
  • Options
    The "online" bidding for the Ike Prrofs in the Signature auction ends tonight (Apr 25) at Midnight CDT. The floor Auction will be tomorrow evening.
    For all the Circ Ikes, the Bullet Auction is conducted online and ends Sunday night.
    Thanks to all of you who have publically and privately wished me well....

Tom

SEE the coins at Heritage Web Auction.
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    Sold!

72-S $4715 (4100+15%)
    74-S $3795 (3300+15%)

It is about time for PCGS to update their price guide. image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless I missed something, it looks like there was no floor bidding on these. Is that correct?
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    I hope the purchaser is someone who cares about the coin and not the point and would submit them to PCGS for regrade if the coins are questionable. Looking at the scan, it is hard to tell whether the coins are nice 69's or 70's.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    dbldie - I understand that there was no floor bids and there was a gasp of surprize at the $4100 standing bid for the 72.
    ( but, no applause <sigh&gtimage

Keith - I have a guess at the purchaser and they are into the "best low pop" in just about any thing.

Tom
  • Options
    With $7K you can buy yourself some applause, congrats!

[Edited to remove annoying mildly humorous graphic]

P.S. That'll be 50 bucks, thanks.
  • Options
    Nice price, but sorry if I say what I have said before, I do not believe in pf70 or ms70 for the Ike series. If some folks think this is not a correct statement, then show me your pf70 Ike and I will show you why it is a pf69 ... nonetheless, the extra point should serve the buyer well.

Tad,

Nice graphic ... too much time on your hand between certifying MS66 71p's ?? image

Chris
    My eBay Items

I love Ike dollars and all other dollar series !!!

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, shouldn't we have more happy people ??
  • Options
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    too much time on your hand between certifying MS66 71p's

It's not the certifying that takes the time, it's the searching! image

Actually that was a customer's consignment coin. The last 71P MS66 I certified myself was back in 1999, sigh.