Home Precious Metals
Options

...the new gold

renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
Water is the new gold.

Interestingly, the companies listed at the bottom are very close in P/E.

Comments

• Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Yepper...as long as all you have to do is turn a $2 handle and you have all you want then you will have no respect for water. When you don't have water then the attitude changes considerably. WTR should see a bump today...used to have some of it but let it go. R-Tanks and other rain capture devices are coming main stream for homes and commercial purposes. About a 500 gallon tank should do you for a while for the house and then just pray for rain. I'm probably going to have to wait for winter to get mine but then Au will be 2K so maybe it's all good.

Got WATER?
  • Options
    InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭
    No potable water/no life. Should get talked about more in the Econ thread.

With global warming and the ice caps melting, etc (jejeje), we shouldn't have a "Peak Water" problem, like Peak Oil and Peak Gold, even with 10 to 15 billion people on this terrestrial ball. Those who can position themselves to take advantage of this market, could do very well. One thought is to build an extensive network of desalination plants (like the little one we used to have in Wilmington, NC). The key will be how far inland to build them when all the coastlines flood from the polar ice caps melting. I think I hear Peter Gabriel singing.... image
    imageimage
    Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.
  • Options
    Interesting and valid article. If I was starting out in business, I would seriously go head first into water.image