PSA Label Error - Couple Questions


I know I can send it back to PSA for a fix. Here are my questions:

1) My PSA membership expired. Can I still send the card back to get the label fixed?

2) They put the wrong name and card number on the label which I will obviously want changed - do they re-examine the card? does the grade stay? The only reason I ask is that it is a very tough card that would be a PSA 9 (Pop 2) with zero 10s. I know it is nine worthy, but I am afraid that they might change the grade.

3) Do I write a short note with the package/card letting them know what happened or do I fill out an order form?

Any info/insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Hal


  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 946 ✭✭
    Fill out an order form as if you are submitting the card for the first time. Then write "Mechanical Error " on the form. PSA will not change the grade. PSA will do this at no charge and return shipping is at their expense. I don't think you need to be a member.
  • You don't need to have a membership to get a "Mechanical Error" fixed. PSA will fix mislabeled cards for free. All you have to do is download a non-member submission form and fill it out with the correct information. Be sure to write mechanical error on the submission form. They will also generally issue you a voucher for the shipping costs to PSA but you might need to have a membership to get the voucher for the shipping. Eitherway, they will definitely correct the flip/label and ship it back to you for free.
Sign In or Register to comment.