Home Sports Talk

Is there a way to........

JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
watch hockey online?

In my area it ran me $100.00 a month for satellite TV with Fox Sports to watch the local teams.

I just can't afford that, and have cancelled and joined Netflix. GREAT decision so far. Now the Minnesota Wild go out and sign two great free agents and are bringing up some talent that has been in the minor leagues, so I want to watch them if I can.

Anything out there that will work for me without resubscribing to Dish Network or Direct TV. No cable where I am, but that's too much money as well.

How about Hulu? I would pay $8.00 a month plus another $10.00(?) for a hockey package, but I am not sure this even exists.

Joe
2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Comments

• CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I have a Roku box (love it), and one of the channels I can add would be NHL Center Ice or something. Not sure if it's like the MLB channel, which would block me from watching my actual home team....

Hope that helps
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks CNote.

I will check it out, might have to go old school and put up an antenna!

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Well, if you do, I have a recommendation. I have one mounted so the kiddos can watch OTA PBS broadcasts when me or the wife are folding laundry, and so I can catch the news sometimes. And, you're lucky NHL is still on NBC, the M's used to have games on a channel OTA, but no longer. Boooo
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again. First of all, now that I have programming with no commercials(Netflix), I'll never go back to "commercial" broadcasts as my primary source of TV. I do miss catching up on the news and sports, but I am not fanatical. Really only into the local teams, as hockey is my favorite, If I can't watch the Wild, I probably will just follow them on their website.

Joe

• Joe check out nhl gamecenter live. I don't know if you'll get local wild games but you can check it out and see what they offer.

2 months ago my wife decided to downgrade our direct tv package that got rid of my sports channels including fox sports north among other channels. She wanted to start to save as much money as possible a month. However I couldn't stand not having my sports and called and got them back. I even got my orginal package back that direct tv dropped because I called within 30 days. I'm glad I did, now that the wild made those two siginings.