Home Sports Talk

Tim McCarver- Hall of Famer-

It's official. He's in the broadcast wing of the HOF as this year's Ford C. Frick award winner.

He is quite possibly the world's most annoying human being. image

Comments

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought there were other broadcasters that were better-

Don Drysdale comes to mind.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buck + McCarver= Mute Button for me. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    BUCKETHEAD!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    You could prop Don Drysdale's dead body up to the mike, and he'd still give more insight than Tim McCarver.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was McCarver that proclaimed Johnny Bench as the best catcher of all time it isn't even close. Ever hear of Yogi Berra? Bench MIGHT have been better but if he was, it was close.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • jimmygjimmyg Posts: 139 ✭✭
    He's a real man.
  • WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,444 ✭✭
    Who’s next Chris F'ing Berman? The Frick award just lost 100% credibility!!