Home Precious Metals

Is everyone else noticing the fear level going up in a lot of media stories and economic based artic

or is it just me?

And when the fear gets to be frantic where will the money go? will it continue to go into U.S. T's, T bills, etc or is the fear level beginning to approach the nothing but Gold and Silver will do, and I want it in my hands. Where or what alternatives besides U.S. Cash can one turn to? If the fear level hits even the U.S. T's and Cash then what?

It does appear to me that the fear level is definently on the rise, consumer confidence down again, recession talk, stagnation, fed pleading with congress to do more admitting it can not really do a thing, callousnes and an indifference toward all types of violence, Israel and Iran, 4or 5 U.S. aircraft carriers now in the middle east, citizens revolting against their totalitarian leaders, shooters in NY, Chicago, now Colorado, Gun sales skyrocketing and has been for the past 4 years with no let up in sight, mass illegal immigration, a dictator for a U.S. president: Either we have no place to go but up from here and if we do go up will it be because wer'e all blown to kindom come by a smart bomb...?

Scale of 1-10 where is Americas fear factor? and what is the average or median fear factor?

Scale of 1-10 what is the Worlds fear factor? and what is its average or median fear factor?
NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking for myself I refuse to live in fear, the world will take care of itself. My concerns are my immediate family's health and well being, I work hard and sometimes play hard.

Gold and Silver wont save anyone if the world goes to hell ie: an apocalyptic event or nuclear war.
  • Hear Ya, but I'm not talking of saving anyone as in lives but as an store of wealth vs other assets, what perceived viable alternatives,

You may refuse to live in fear but when gun sales are skyrocketing and growing, and all the other elements presenting themselves daily, it is a question of how much is to much or is this just normal and cyclical. We all realize the negativity that each politicla party espouses each cycle and we are right in the midst of that, but that just one aspect of the fear factor that seems to permeate all communicatio including this.

Twain " I find that the further I go back, the better things were, whether they happened or not".

Check out this post from a fellow forum member today:

"FedEx just delivered my order from CheaperThanDirt. Ordered on Tuesday,,,, delivered on Friday. I'd say that is pretty fast from Texas.

The FedEx driver said when he came to the door,,,, "They having a sale on ammo?"

I said yes, how did you know. He said "I had 450 packages on the truck today from CheaperThanDirt".

I guess my neighbors will all be well armed.

And if anyone needs a little more anxiety take a look at this:

anxiety from the sky
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear you too. But how much ammo does one need though? Really how much? I got a 40 cal handgun and about 50 hollow point rounds and thats it, if I need a gun Im probably only going to need 1 maybe 2 rounds to deal with the situation, if someone is advancing on my home with a high powered rifle then I guess Im screwed, and if there is an event where its total chaos and no order in the country we are all screwed.

As far as protecting valuables a gun in home is a smart move but if your gun is locked up as it should be and someone is holding me at gunpoint demanding my valuables he can take everything without a fight, I would rather live to fight another day.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The markets usually thrive on fear. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The markets usually thrive on fear. MJ >>

Yup, and usually because by the time the fear is mainstream, things are already getting better.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• << <i>I hear you too. But how much ammo does one need though? Really how much? I got a 40 cal handgun and about 50 hollow point rounds and thats it, if I need a gun Im probably only going to need 1 maybe 2 rounds to deal with the situation, if someone is advancing on my home with a high powered rifle then I guess Im screwed, and if there is an event where its total chaos and no order in the country we are all screwed.

As far as protecting valuables a gun in home is a smart move but if your gun is locked up as it should be and someone is holding me at gunpoint demanding my valuables he can take everything without a fight, I would rather live to fight another day. >>

Thats why a person may wonder what is all the ammo being bought for, what is being feared so much? this is going on nation wide, piles and piles of Guns and Ammo.

MJ says markets feed on the fear, "climbs a wall of worry/fear" I think it goes. This degree of anxiety in almost all areas of the worlds existence is what i'm refering to, it just seems to be rather more prevalent and deep seated than a normal cyclical business downturn or the spectre of such.

Maybe It just seems abnormaly high to me and not to anyone else.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people always live in fear. Most entities want people to live in fear. They use it for control. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    If there isn't fear they don't sell print. If its not there , they will generate it. The end of the world is in December , you know!!image
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    <<<I hear you too. But how much ammo does one need though? Really how much? I got a 40 cal handgun and about 50 hollow point rounds and thats it, if I need a gun Im probably only going to need 1 maybe 2 rounds to deal with the situation, if someone is advancing on my home with a high powered rifle then I guess Im screwed, and if there is an event where its total chaos and no order in the country we are all screwed.

As far as protecting valuables a gun in home is a smart move but if your gun is locked up as it should be and someone is holding me at gunpoint demanding my valuables he can take everything without a fight, I would rather live to fight another day.>>>

All very well said. As much as one thinks they are prepared, it's sometimes still not enough.

With that said, I do have concerns about why Homeland Security has been ramping up their buying of guns and ammo on a scale never done before. What are THEY preparing for is what scares me??? What are they going to provoke?
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • tincuptincup Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "With that said, I do have concerns about why Homeland Security has been ramping up their buying of guns and ammo on a scale never done before. What are THEY preparing for is what scares me??? What are they going to provoke?"

Makes one wonder. It would seems the way things are going, with drones, HS purchasing of weapons, ammo, etc.... the concern appears to be not with the threat of outside terrorist attacks, but one of control of the US population.
    ----- kj
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is everyone else noticing the fear level going up in a lot of media stories and economic based articles?

Yes, there is a lot of fear-mongering in the media, and on this forum, too. No, it's not just you, however, you seem to have an above-average appetite for it.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The country has lost it's swagger.

Have a nice day

• << <i>Is everyone else noticing the fear level going up in a lot of media stories and economic based articles?

Yes, there is a lot of fear-mongering in the media, and on this forum, too. No, it's not just you, however, you seem to have an above-average appetite for it. >>

I'm not sure I have developed an appetite for it but its been forced upon us from all means of communication from the entertainment industry, political, economic reports, world events,
    etc etc etc.. This has been with us forever, since the serpent lied to Eve and Cain murderd his brother, but it (communication and actions) just seems almost all engulfing at this point in time.

• << <i>The country has lost it's swagger. >>

Want some Swagger? Swagger in ACTION
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    I'm 58 and its been 'about the same all my life'. It appears in different aspects, until something happens, nothing happens, or the next fad comes along. Its all lightwork compared to what we could be facing if we lived elsewhere. The news sells what news sells best and gets advertisers, and the advertisers work hard at pointing things at you, so you'll buy related things. Laugh at it.
    Its very easy to find evidence of whatever one is looking for, because that is all there is, perspective... Its hard to weed out the hype.
    COA