Home Metal Detecting
Options

Rather OT, but check this out.

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ladymarcovan's car required a new set of tires before our upcoming vacation trip, so it was my assignment to take it to town today and do that. Victoria came along with me, and after fifteen minutes of dawdling in a dumpy small waiting room with uncomfortable chairs and no Coke machine on a sultry July day, we decided to dash across the busy four-lane Altama Avenue to the Target shopping center to kill some time while the car was on the rack. There's a PetSmart there and Victoria is critter-crazy like the rest of us here, so I figured what the heck. It's air conditioned and basically a small, free zoo.

We'd only just gotten across Altama and were in front of the Michael's craft store in the parking lot when Victoria said to me, "Daddy, look! A big long line!"

Huh? I was looking at the lines painted on the sizzling pavement. There was no line of people in front of the store.

Then she pointed to the sky.

Yep. There was a line there, all right. A big, long line.

It was awesome in the true sense of the word... as in a feeling of awe. Scary and fascinating at the same time. No wonder Victoria was worried. (But, to give her credit, not panicky or crying or anything like that.) I cursed the fact I didn't have a camera with me, but a lady standing next to us shot this picture on her cellphone, and emailed it to me later.

Back at the shop some two hours later, with the car coming down off the rack, I was discussing this with the man next to me, and he had gotten some pictures from somebody else via Facebook. Somebody much closer to the action. Check out this awesome shot. Must've been a professional who captured that, or somebody lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. I knew right away where that picture was taken- it's part of my drive to work every day.

That was our drama for the day.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    oh snap,, them kind of lines you dont wanna see,, jeepers,,,bj
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

Pretty little waterspout there. Bet it was neat to have witnessed it.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was neat, and a bit scary, too.

Here's some news video.

I wish I had something on-topic to post but my last dig outing was a bust. Wanna see the pulltab I found? Nah, I didn't think so.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm, that is a cool pic and video! Hope I never see one!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com