Home Sports Talk

What should I do with this card?

JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi everyone,

I had several raw1971 Killebrew's, including a couple I bought from Mark Murphy that he said were from vending.

Along the way I picked up a PSA 9 for my PC.

Sent them in and the best one was this one;

In hand card looks better, scanner seems to have distorted the left side, as well as making it look like it has white "spots". Last month a 9 sold for $500.00 and 8's go for about $50.00. I put this one on eBay with an opening bid of $200.00 and didn't get any bids.

Pop report says; no 10's, thirty-four 9's and nine 8.5's. What would you guys do? Send in for a review, crack it out and resubmit? This one looks as good as my 9.

By the way, I am unemployed right now, so I need to get some cash out of this card. Someone said an 8.5 is like kissing your sister, I don't have a sister, but I think I know what he meant!

Thanks for any input!

Joe
2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Comments

• Although you posted it in the wrong forum, I will give you $125
  • If they both look equally good, why wouldn't you just sell the one that will bring in more cash?
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>If they both look equally good, why wouldn't you just sell the one that will bring in more cash? >>

TRIAPD
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am unemployed, but not desperate.

Selling the 9 never crossed my mind. I am #2 in the Killebrew Registry and don't like to downgrade.

Why am I in the wrong forum? I was not offering it for sale, and $125.00 doesn't seem like a fair price to me in either case. That's my point, selling it as it is brings me no where near mid point ($225.00) value between an 8 and a 9.

TRIAPD?

Anyone think it might bump to a 9 if I send it in for a review?

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I am unemployed, but not desperate.

Selling the 9 never crossed my mind. I am #2 in the Killebrew Registry and don't like to downgrade.

Why am I in the wrong forum? I was not offering it for sale, and $125.00 doesn't seem like a fair price to me in either case. That's my point, selling it as it is brings me no where near mid point ($225.00) value between an 8 and a 9.

TRIAPD?

Anyone think it might bump to a 9 if I send it in for a review?

Joe >>

Joe,

TRIAPD - The Registry is a Powerful Drug

Just pointing out to NVBaseball why you (or me for that matter if it was my 9) wouldn't be selling the 9.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
    TRIAPD

fer sher

Joe

• << <i>

Why am I in the wrong forum?

Joe >>

This is the sports talk forum. Sports CARD forum is three floors up.
    Yes, I stand corrected, should have posted in the "Community Message Board"

I might get more help if I post in the appropriate forum.

Joe