Options

Thanks for nothing Verlander

thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
Ridiculous.

Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why even play if your gonna throw Batting practice balls? Is he afraid to waste his strength going more than 1 inning??
  • Options

<< <i>Why even play if your gonna throw Batting practice balls? Is he afraid to waste his strength going more than 1 inning?? >>

He hit 100mph on the gun at least twice, that I saw.
  • Options
    Bautista looked like Nellie in the World Series blunder last year, clueless on how to play that ball.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Oh don't get too down. He just had his Lincecum moment and that happens to good pitchers every so often.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    Nice catch Bautista! Nice inning Nathan.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Go National League!!!!
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Funniest moment so far-With the count 0-0 and no one on base with 2 outs, DAVID ORTIZ squares around as if to bunt before the 1st Matt Cain offering. NL infield and entire TV watching universe NOT fooled.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options
    Kudos to Price in the 3rd. Glad Cain is out. Giants have haunted me ever since the 2010 World Series, LOL. Tonight has done nothing to stop the haunting so far.
  • Options
    Is there any less deserving All Star from a performance standpoint this year than Mike Napoli?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is there any less deserving All Star from a performance standpoint this year than Mike Napoli? >>

Mike we already when over that image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Is there any less deserving All Star from a performance standpoint this year than Mike Napoli? >>

Mike we already when over that image >>

Yeah, but that was before he was flailing woefully in his All Star at bat.
  • Options
    Boo Harry! Double boo Harry!

(at least he did better than Verlander)
  • Options
    What are the odds the Commissioner steps in and Mercy Rules this thing after the 7th?

• Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    Somewhere Atlee Hammaker just let out a big sigh of relief.

• Options

<< <i>What are the odds the Commissioner steps in and Mercy Rules this thing after the 7th? >>

LOL, that's the best idea I've heard tonight!
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Game over after one-half inning?

What a dud.

No way I'm going to listen to those 2 idiots try to make it interesting for the next 3 hours.
    Capecards
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Bryce Harper fail...
  • Options
    Nice catch golden shoed youngster
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    What the hell was that Kinsler?? I mean come on... I like Chipper too, but at least ACT like you meant to catch that ball.
  • Options
    Way to go, Chipper.

• Options
    Nice catch Kinsler (see I'm an equal opportunity complainer tonight)
  • Options
    NamesJayNamesJay Posts: 327 ✭✭
    Just be happy that this game isn't the mockery that is the NBA, NFL or NHL All-Star game.

As for Verlander, just a rough outing. Detroit fans should be happy it occurred here and not during an actual game.

Bryce Harper lost a ball in the lights - big deal, it happens to everyone. Unfortunately it happened on this stage for the youngster. What about the heads up play getting to second base or working the count for a walk?

And based on the performance, David Price and Fernando Rodney are the best pitchers in the AL :-) (Sincerely, Rays fan)
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    All Giants tonight! Panda 3 run triple, Melky 2 run homer. Cain 2 scoreless innings. Once the last Giant came out, the game was basically over.

Too bad Posey couldn't get a hit in his first AS game, but oh well.

I like how Melky tried to high-five (low five?) Cano as he rounded 2nd. LOL!

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Verlander had a rough outing for sure.....now if he could just continue to have more in the 2nd half.

Indians fan al.