Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cal Ripken Jr./Charley Steiner 2001 All Star Ball; 2021 Bump

IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
I usually post pictures of this unique ball around the All Star Game every year and while I tried to find my post from last year and simply "bump" it, I couldn't locate it so I decided to just list it all over again...

With a lot of the promotion, etc. regarding this year's game, they often show as an All Star Game highlight, Cal Ripken Jr. hitting a Home Run off the Dodgers Chan Ho Park in the 2001 ASG in Seattle (Cal's last All Star appearance), while in the background they always play ESPN's Charley Steiner's famous call, "Did He Do it?, Did He Do It?, He Did!.....

Anyways back in 2004 or so I thought it would be neat to get an official All Star ball from the game signed by Cal AND Charley Steiner and ask him to inscribe it with his call...Fortunately, Steiner was doing games for the Yankees at that time and with the help of a friend in the media, was able to hook up with him prior to an Orioles/Yankees game in the broadcast booth @ Camden Yards...Steiner was really happy to sign it and he (obviously) told me that it was the very first time that he had ever been asked to sign an item that way....Getting Cal to sign it later was not an issue....

Just a little "show and tell" to tell everyone that regardless of who you are rooting for tonight that you enjoy the game!

IMF
Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.

Comments

• Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    That freaking AS ball is impossible to find.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about this ball last night, and I'm hoping Chipper can make a bit of his own history tonight. Thanks for showing it again! image
  • Options
    Bump for the 2014 Mid Summer Classic

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    TTT for the 2015 Mid Summer Classic
  • Options

TTT for the 2021 Game!

IMF