Home Metal Detecting
Options

Meteorite Men

mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
I just saw this show for the first time today. They had a round coil about 3-4 foot across carried by two men. The second show they had a square one a little larger carried by one man. I found them interesting... Can't say much about the show, they are hunting what looks to me to be rocks... They find some, not as much hype as the other show with the fake wrestler on it.

I tried to Google a picture but was unable to locate one. I did find this one, I think this is another home made coil that they drag behind the vehicle...

Interesting.

Ray

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That thing on the back of the vehicle looks like the thing they put Han Solo in, when he was frozen in carbonite.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    some meteorites are worth more than gold,, but they earn it finding them,, its a pretty good show, it has the good vs. evil aspect in that one guy wants to sell them all the other guy loves to collect them..,,,j
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the largest gold nuggets ever found was by a guy that towed such a contraption behind
    his jeep, here in the Mojave Desert. Can't have brush or trees so the desert is a great option for
    towing detectors.

A couple of years ago there was a snippet on one of the Reality TV programs about metal detecting
    for meteorites. I seem to remember they were in Kansas when there were no crops in the fields.
    They found one that was 60+ pounds buried 10 feet deep. They got a backhoe to dig it up. It was
    a good snippet and looked like fun.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com