Jose Bautista
Mark Trumbo
Prince Fielder

National League
Matt Kemp
Carlos Gonzalez
Andrew McCutchen
Carlos Beltran

Who's your favorite for this one? I think the American League has it this year, and probably by a good margin. It's a little funny to see last year's NL Captain (Fielder) change sides this year. I'm hoping to see a nice outing by Trumbo but I'm expecting Cano to take it.

Justin

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The home run derby has been a part of the MLB All Star game activities for a long time now.

It draws fan interest, but honestly it reminds me of the NBA Slam dunk contest that is conducted during the NBA All Star game weekend activities. The NBA slam dunk contest is an over hyped snoozefest that is boring beyond belief [I think the over hyping of the event makes it boring because it can not deliver what the hype promises].
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    I agree Sanction....add in the Chris Berman factor, and the HR Derby is borderline unwatchable.
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Who won it?

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    Never mind.. just found out its not over yet....after some 3 + hours

• Options
    Fielder vs Bautista in the final

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Looks like PRINCE again ... Bautista is half-way done with his final AB. He needs 12 to tie ... has has 4 with 5 outs right now.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    2009 AND 2012 champion: PRINCE FIELDER.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    The "Captains" Kemp and Cano combined for a total of 1 home run.