Home Sports Talk
Options

Scott Kazmir signs with Sugar Land Skeeters

mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
Scott Kazmir signs with Sugar Land Skeeters

SUGAR LAND, Texas (AP) - Two-time All-Star pitcher Scott Kazmir signed with the Sugar Land Skeeters of the independent Atlantic League on Saturday, and is expected to take the mound Sunday against the Bridgeport Bluefish.

The 28-year-old left-hander-hander last pitched in the majors last season, appearing in one game for the Los Angeles Angels. He led the American League in strikeouts with 239 with Tampa Bay in 2007, and was 66-61 with a 4.17 ERA in eight seasons with the Rays and Angels.

"He is an explosive arm for us to have on the staff,'' manager Gary Gaetti said. "We look forward to seeing his stuff in action out on the mound with the track record he brings.''

The Houston native starred at Cypress Falls High School.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/baseball/mlb/wires/07/07/2010.ap.bbm.skeeters.kazmir.1st.ld.writethru.0156/index.html#ixzz207NSmIKy
Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

Comments

• Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Can't believe how far he has fallen. Thank god the Rays dumped him on the Angels. That was a hell of a trade looking back on it.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Sweet. We've been looking for an excuse to catch a game and this may do the trick. Thanks!
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    There's a team called the Skeeters???

How have I not seen a Skeeters jersey at the ballpark since Lil Jon brought the urban definition of the word into the mainstream?
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There's a team called the Skeeters???

How have I not seen a Skeeters jersey at the ballpark since Lil Jon brought the urban definition of the word into the mainstream? >>

They just started playing this year and the name is Texas/Southern slang for mosquitoes.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Stats through 8 starts.

29.2 IP
    0-5
    7.89 ERA
    26 K's
    20 BB's

• Options
    wow whos next roger clemens?
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Stats through 8 starts.

29.2 IP
    0-5
    7.89 ERA
    26 K's
    20 BB's >>

WOW! Must be some good hitters in that league! image
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>wow whos next roger clemens? >>

That's funny (or sad). 50 years old and going back on the mound.

Nolan Ryan is next I suppose!?
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Stats through 8 starts.

29.2 IP
    0-5
    7.89 ERA
    26 K's
    20 BB's >>

WOW! Must be some good hitters in that league! image >>

" In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell