Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Is anybody else entering cards and getting zeros for population & pop higher?

Hi everyone!

I just entered two football cards one 1961 Topps (PSA 9) and one 1963 Topps (PSA 8). Both cards came back with a zero for pop and pop higher. A glitch with PSA or the cert #'s? I thought it strange to happen to both cards. Anybody else having this issue? Thanks!

Matt P.

Comments

• Options
    I just added 6 cards to my sets and they all came up the same way. Zero pop and zero pop higher.

Must be a glitch in PSA's system
  • Options
    toppsfootballtoppsfootball Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    Ok, and thanks for the response!

Matt P.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Yep, happening for me as well.
  • Options
    kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭
    Are you talking about newly popped cards? If so, check again tomorrow morning. The computer job that updates the pop database seems to run over night.
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Nope. Same thing for me, and I entered a card that was subbed ten years ago.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    Everything is showing pop zero this morning. I called PSA yesterday and Michelle said that she will give it to the I.T. department.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Amazing how often things like that happen. That IT staff has more "oops" moments like this than any other site I've seen.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>Amazing how often things like that happen. That IT staff has more "oops" moments like this than any other site I've seen. >>

What people fail to realize how complex systems are like PSA uses. It's not one computer running simple tasks that is doing the work. It's many computers that communicate with each other.

I'm. research meteorologist. For 5 weeks a year, I run numerous daily forecasts for a major research spring experiment. Can things go wrong, can the unexpected happen? In one word, yes. Programmers (including myself) try to anticipate the unexpected and the alleged "impossible". With extremely complex programming, it isn't always possible.

Don't complain about IT people if things aren't fixed as fast as you want. If there is a hardware failure, it may take time to repair.

This past spring, one of the national supercomputing centers I use was down for 18 hours due to one mis-behaving disk controller. These are top notch IT people. It just took a while to repair the damage.

The bottom line is to help out by reporting problems, then be patient in their repair.
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Amazing how often things like that happen. That IT staff has more "oops" moments like this than any other site I've seen. >>

What people fail to realize how complex systems are like PSA uses. It's not one computer running simple tasks that is doing the work. It's many computers that communicate with each other.

I'm. research meteorologist. For 5 weeks a year, I run numerous daily forecasts for a major research spring experiment. Can things go wrong, can the unexpected happen? In one word, yes. Programmers (including myself) try to anticipate the unexpected and the alleged "impossible". With extremely complex programming, it isn't always possible.

Don't complain about IT people if things aren't fixed as fast as you want. If there is a hardware failure, it may take time to repair.

This past spring, one of the national supercomputing centers I use was down for 18 hours due to one mis-behaving disk controller. These are top notch IT people. It just took a while to repair the damage.

The bottom line is to help out by reporting problems, then be patient in their repair. >>

Ummm... I'm an IT manager with 29 years of experience in keeping business-critical systems up and keeping production data clean and correct.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options

<< <i>

Ummm... I'm an IT manager with 29 years of experience in keeping business-critical systems up and keeping production data clean and correct. >>

That means you know the challenges, and the frustations that can occur especially on a busines-critical system.

I'm fortunate enough to have some great IT people too, though in my case, it's in a research environment.
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Ummm... I'm an IT manager with 29 years of experience in keeping business-critical systems up and keeping production data clean and correct. >>

That means you know the challenges, and the frustations that can occur especially on a busines-critical system.

I'm fortunate enough to have some great IT people too, though in my case, it's in a research environment. >>

Yes, I do. And if anyone on my staff had caused data to disappear, even temporarily, as often as pop and registry data disappears at PSA they wouldn't be on my staff anymore.

----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    Yep, I have the same issue, and I've seen this happen maybe once a year and I realize no system is without it's flaws. Unlike a life or death situation, I can wait until the folks at PSA get things squared away. At the end of the day it's just some population reports... no need to get into a tizzy. Remember, bking: Patience is a virtue! image
    Positive Transactions:
    Stooge
    jamesgotpoorman
    calaban7
    ddfamf
    theczar
    ShootyBabitt
    hoopguru33

Always looking for:

1960-present Topps Red Sox in PSA 9+
    Topps All-Star Rookies in PSA 9+
    Dennis Eckersley PSA 10's
  • Options

<< <i>Yep, I have the same issue, and I've seen this happen maybe once a year and I realize no system is without it's flaws. Unlike a life or death situation, I can wait until the folks at PSA get things squared away. At the end of the day it's just some population reports... no need to get into a tizzy. Remember, bking: Patience is a virtue! image >>

Don't worry - I'm not the least bit impatient about this. Just pointing out that when a business has trouble keeping data its customers want to access... well... accessible, they ned to try harder.

BTW - I never rely on the online Pop reports. Once a quarter, I scrape them for the sets I care about and update my own local copies. Much more efficient IMO.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Yep, I have the same issue, and I've seen this happen maybe once a year and I realize no system is without it's flaws. Unlike a life or death situation, I can wait until the folks at PSA get things squared away. At the end of the day it's just some population reports... no need to get into a tizzy. Remember, bking: Patience is a virtue! image >>

Don't worry - I'm not the least bit impatient about this. Just pointing out that when a business has trouble keeping data its customers want to access... well... accessible, they ned to try harder.

BTW - I never rely on the online Pop reports. Once a quarter, I scrape them for the sets I care about and update my own local copies. Much more efficient IMO. >>

made a registry update today - pops are back
    ----------------------
    ----------------------