Home Sports Talk
Options

Chipper Jones 4-4 tonight 4 rbi and added to the all-star roster today..........

2»

Comments

• Options
    Swartz & Digicat are spot on! Lol at saying a man's integrity has to do with how much value he places on the institution of marriage......u need to read the Bible son!

Or maybe u don't think a man's integrity has any relation to the Bible either!

If u want to bang Hooters girls, it's simple. Don't get married, duh!
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Lol, the forum morality police out in full force again I see. When it has nothing to do with him as a player. If off field problems excluded players from being Hall worthy then there would be like 2 players in Cooperstown. >>

You would be the expert in this arena. >>

yes, I am Hall of Fame worthy.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>you should take it upon yourself to contact his wife or boss. >>

i see what you did there. image
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Chipper belongs in the hall.

However, if being defined as "classy" includes screwing around on your wife (or screwing around with someone's wife), then standards have truly dropped. The only thing that I have in common with Chipper Jones is that I am married and have children. I know what my marriage and kids mean to me, and it sure wouldn't mean screwing that up.

But, I'll give Chipper the benefit of the doubt because it was a long time ago, and people can and do change.
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    Hank36Hank36 Posts: 175 ✭✭
    I'll say this for Chipper--unlike a lot of these athletes, he actually suffered an actual consequence for a poor decision in his personal life. Should it keep him out of the HOF? No, but as a sports fans who is sick and tired of being reminded that most successful professional athletes are, almost by design, immature, ignorant and self-absorbed, Chipper's indiscretion and admission disgusted me on a personal level, and tempered any enthusiasm I might have for his athletic exploits. That's not me being hypermoral, that's just me refusing to put a positive spin on a depressing incident.
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    No question that Chipper Jones is a 1st ballot Hall of Famer. His career stats really parallel George Brett's very closely, and Brett was 1st ballot. Also think it's cool that Chipper managed to spend his entire career with 1 team, very rare in this day and age.

Regarding his extramarital affairs, it is irrelevent regarding his professional career. He is obviously not a Hall of Fame husband or father, but what percentage of married ballplayers have affairs? Sadly, I would guess it's at least half. Chipper just got caught and it went public. He did his damage control standard speech with the media, but that's all BS anyway.

The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    Chipper suffered? Spare me bro! Dude makes millions & bangs chicks, you think he suffered? ALOL!
  • Options
    It's pretty well documented that Mantle cheated on his wife.

Should he be removed from the HOF?

• Options
    Ya but Mantle wasn't a douchebag....he was a real Southerner, God lovin & Sasquatch fearin'
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link, Michael--enjoyed the read and agreed with its perspective completely.

BTW, Mantle wasn't a Southerner, he was from Oklahoma, LOL..

Though the double standard was quite amusing, too..image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Oklahoma = close enough to Dixie

They ain't Northerners
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oklahoma = close enough to Dixie

They ain't Northerners >>

Its called the West.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.