Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

most frstrating sub ive had in a while

This was a 10 day sub. I paid more for the quicker turn around just because I'm impatient. It was logged 6/8 and popped today. I think that's 17 days for a10 day sub. That's not even thee most annoying part. One stupid rugby card I confirmed with the specs dept if they could grade it. I stapled the email and wrote see attached on the order form. Somehow they still screwed it up. Then to really frustrate me the one valuable card in the sub... The joe louis card didn't get graded. Most likely due to the tilt on the card and the grader didn't know enough about thesee to know that that is normal

1 1 20245051 N9: NOT GRADED NO SPEC INFO, NO GRADE VOUCHER Card
2 1 20245052 VERY GOOD 3 1951 BERK ROSS 1-16 BEN HOGAN Card
3 1 20245053 EXCELLENT 5 1926 SPALDING CHAMPIONS JOHN WEISSMULLER SWIMMING Card
4 1 20245054 N5: ALTERED STOCK 1935 UNITED TOBACCO CO. WORLD-FAMOUS BOXERS 1 JOE LOUIS Card
5 1 20245055 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1989-1990 WWF SUPER STARS OF WRESTLING-SERIES 3 2 ZEUS Card
6 1 20245056 NEAR MINT 7 1982 TOPPS 486 RONNIE LOTT ALL-PRO Card
7 1 20245057 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 TOPPS 434 LAWRENCE TAYLOR ALL-PRO Card
8 1 20245058 EXCELLENT 5 1976 TOPPS 148 WALTER PAYTON Card
9 1 20245059 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT+ 4.5 1972 TOPPS 200 ROGER STAUBACH Card
10 1 20245060 NEAR MINT 7 1986 TOPPS 161 JERRY RICE Card
Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Sorry to see that they did not slab those two for you. Looks like THE DELAY is very common. I am in part of a sub (less than 50 cards - PSA/DNA)that was logged in on APRIL 7 and we are still waiting for POPPAGE!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Doug, your post made me wonder about something. Is it possible that these delays might be just waiting on 1 or 2 cards to get an OK or a closer look and that holds up the whole thing? What if they showed popage as they were graded/authenticated rather than showing the whole thing at once when the order is finished ? I have no idea, just a thought as I've never sent a card in for grading or dealt with any of the delays and stuff
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    ZEP ... PM sent.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    Ouch that is a rough sub - especially if you thought the Rice, LT, & Lott had chances for 9's.

Do you like the United Oil over the Pattreiouex?
    Hook'em
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭
    I was really disappointed in in the Taylor. I thought it had a chance at a 10. The rice and lot I thought were 8s at worst. The older stuff did a little better than expected. The payton is sharp and centered but has a crease.. I was hopeing a 4. The ben hogan had a pretty bad crease but it was centered well. That card is really hard to find centered. Regarding the louis. I like the united tobacco over the Pattreiouex for a few reasons. I don't really like how you can see a tree in the Pattreiouex. It looks like the picture was taken in someones backyard. I also think the united tobacco is more difficult to find.

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here