Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I know this has been rehashed before, but how does 707 get the prices he gets?!?!

2»

Comments

• Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭

<< <i>If there is a $5 loaf of bread, it's Steve's fault, and there should be a thread about it. >>

If you get the bread graded and slabbed, it might be worth $6.
    Capecards
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Anyone else ever try potato bread? Has a nice creamy texture and taste and for some reason tastes good with butter, chives and bacon bits
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you get the bread graded and slabbed, it might be worth $6. >>

What happens if you send in the bread to PSA (and SGC) and it gets returned due to "Evidence of Slicing"? What would you do then?
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Levi has everything. Nobody has what he has.
    Great guy.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    It seems to me that every time Levi sells something at full sticker, this causes the VCP for that card to rise. Therefore, this would benefit others that own that particular card. Is this a problem?
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>It seems to me that every time Levi sells something at full sticker, this causes the VCP for that card to rise. Therefore, this would benefit others that own that particular card. Is this a problem? >>

only when Bobby subsequently sells the same card at a significantly reduced price, thereby reducing the average again. image
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>only when Bobby subsequently sells the same card at a significantly reduced price, thereby reducing the average again >>

Nope....Im done.....Im leaving the hobby, and taking my Dicks with me.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to always post when this topic comes up and it has over the years many many times, so I will say it again...

#1-The cards are theirs and they are free to sell them for whatever price they chose.
    #2-If your looking to start a set dont go near their inventory unless your down to that last group of cards that you cant find- chances are they will have it.
    #3- In my opinion lots of their cards are overgraded
    #4-Lightning fast Shipping and great customer service
    #5-More than 75% of their inventory is ridiculasly overpriced to the tune of "Rip Off" style mark ups that you would never get your money back if you chose to resell

And Bobby, Im the BIGGEST 707 hater on CU, I dont know Levi on a personal level enough to hate him but from what I have gotten out of dealing with him especially when I first got into the hobby I can say I dont like him in the least bit.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Levi has everything. Nobody has what he has.
    Great guy. >>

Derek, you're nuts. EVERY time I have needed a card that he has, I have found it SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper elsewhere. That, and his cards tend to be really low-end for the grade. His Joe Jackson RC PSA 2 looks like little fido took a bite out of the corner because Levi was spending all his money on hats instead of puppy chow.

All that is required is a little patience. Nobody else has an off centered PSA 6 52 Mantle? Seriously, there is virtually nothing in his inventory that can't be found elsewhere for much less if you can keep it in your pants and wait a few months. These aren't Dmitri Young's cards.

I have no issue with the guy, his hats, or how he wants to sell cards, but I pray to God almighty that a 707 thread is never started again. Stop propping him up as some kind of a market maker. He is nothing of the sort.

• Options
    Jmhockey23Jmhockey23 Posts: 652 ✭✭
    Out of 1000+ BINs that ended today, they sold a whopping 5 cards for a total of $387...Not sure you're even covering fees there
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stone193 just likes to say the name Levi Bleam.
  • Options
    And with that, thunderdan returns to his perch atop the mountain.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    He should have asked PSA to place on the flip "Levi Bleam Collection" then he would have no problem getting those prices image