Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Wooden PSA storage box

Hope someone could help me with this. In the July issue of SMR, Rich Dyer wrote a really nice article "A Collector's Journey". In it he shows a nice wooden box that he explains how to transform into storage for about 160 PSA graded cards.

Anyway, he mentions he can find these boxes at "a national hobby and craft store". Any idea which chain that might be?

Comments

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Brilliant...thanks!!
  • Options
    PSARichPSARich Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    Hi manhattanguy;

Thanks for the kind words about the article I wrote for SMR. The wooden boxes I was referring to were purchased at Hobby Lobby. They are for artists supplies and the inside is designed as such untill I transformed them. They turned out to be the perfect size to store 4 rows of PSA graded cards, 35 cards per row. They are made of oak and the size is 16" x 8" x 6". I did not see any at our local Hobby Lobby the last time I visited (3 months ago) so I hope they still carry them. I have 5-6 left that I have not developed for PSA card storage yet so I have quit a few extra in addition to the 12 I have converted. The listed cost was $20 but Hobby Lobby has a 40% off online coupon every 2-3 weeks that I would use and get them for $12.00. With a couple bucks invested in felt and some time and effort, each box cost me about $14-$15 and they are great! The packaging box they came in was identified as "Fine Art Wooden Box #625533" Hope that helps and good luck.

Rich
  • Options
    PSARichPSARich Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    Here's a few pictures for ya!

• Options
    Thanks Rich! I'm going to check out the local hobby lobby this week. Thanks also for the great article - it really hit home the pleasure I get from collecting. Its nice to hear about how others share a similar enjoyment and I think anyone who read it appreciates the very personal touch you gave to the story.