Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Adding card photos or scans to set registry

Hi, I am pretty new to the forums, although I've been doing the registry for awhile. I have a couple questions and would value the communities answers/opinion. I really enjoy looking at the collections people have on the set registry. I noticed that most large collections don't have any of their card photos listed. Is this because of anything specific, such as a security reason (i've read about people faking flips with legit serial numbers and barcodes). Or is it probably that it takes alot of time and effort to scan so many cards?

I only ask because I love looking at the cards people have in their collections., especially player master sets. I love seeing all the cards ( inserts etc.) that I never knew existed. I personally scan and upload all cards I add to the registry. Anyway, I was just curious at what the community thinks.

Justin
Po' Fireman's Card Collection
Looking for any Pippen PSA 10 cards!!

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't scan my cards and post them for a long time. No specific reason that I can think of.

Was gently chastised by a board member for not "sharing". When I thought of it that way, I scanned and uploaded my cards for others to enjoy.

I suppose there could be a risk of some kind (not wanting wife to know how much you have invested?) when showing cards, but I don't know of one. I also don't have a wife.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set