Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Everyone in Ohio doing alright?

Holy smokes. Last night around 5 all hell broke loose here near columbus. Couple 100'thousand without power.
Been cutting trees from family yards all day. Down to my last 3 beers on ice, and there ain't any ice around for 50 miles.
Hope my buckeye brothers are doing alright.

Comments

• Options
    Yankees001Yankees001 Posts: 1,496
    Everything is OK in Lima. 80 MPH winds. but minor destruction.

The storm hit us hard around 3:30 PM. I do not remember when it ended probably around 5 or so.

Dave
  • Options
    BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Came through Steubenville around 7 pm, not much , but I-70 to the south, the Wheeling-St. Clairsville area was hit.
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    Same storm made it all the way here to DC area last night around 11. Incredible winds, and major power outages. I'm sitting in a Starbucks now cooling off from oppressive heat/lack of ac due to power outage.
  • Options
    sayheykid54sayheykid54 Posts: 779 ✭✭
    Was the Sandusky/ Cedar Point area affected?
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are ok in Hilliard. Just across the river in upper Arlington I am told that power may be out a week.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck to all you guys in the impacted areas. Hope you get the juice back on soon!!

I live in Atlanta, we're just being hit with incredible heat...106 today. Lots of fans leaving the Braves game because of heat, 120 on the playing field!!
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    All is back on line here, I'm east of Lima / North of Columbus. Power was off and on all day, hopefully it's back for good. Crazy amount of downed trees and power lines.
  • Options
    kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭

<< <i>Was the Sandusky/ Cedar Point area affected? >>

I don't think the Derecho (technical term for the event) was that far north. Cleveland and Akron areas didn't have any severe weather.
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options
    Its almost 2:00 AM and we just got power back a few hours ago, some still without power. Tornado came through and took out a ton of trees and buildings, girlfriend had to go to the basement at work because of it. Tree hit the neighbors garage (shes is Iowa so im house sitting) so I took pictures for the insurance company (ill post some pics later). Alot of damage here, I had like 8 pieces of siding in my back yard from the neighbors house. About 4,000 still without power. I was amazing driving around last night, trees just picked up out of the ground and dropped on roads, words dont do it justice. Trees that I cant wrap my arms around just laying everywhere. I was talking with my one neighbor yesterday on her front porch about 4:30 PM and told her weather.com said it would hit us at 5:30, all of a sudden it let loose and things started flying. I grabbed Bryce, we went inside and huckered down. I have never witnessed anything like that. Just amazing. I hope my fellow Ohioans and everyone else is ok.

Dave

Marion, Ohio
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    We missed the storm on Friday here in Stark County (Canton/Massillon), but it's about to get nuts here in about a half hour. Good times!
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    I am down just south of Dayton, OH. We got tore up badly in my neighborhood. Just now got back power from the storm Friday. Lost everything in our fridge and freezer which really sucks since money has been really tight lately with my job cutting my pay and the wife still be unemployed but we are in one piece along with are little ones (2 cairn terriers).

I am just thankful to God that none of us got hurt with all the damage to the trees around our house. My neighbor on one side had a tree come down on their new truck while the neighbor behind me had a tree come down on their house doing some severe damage.

Hope everyone else is doing good and my prayers go out to you and your families.

-Brendan
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I was heading back to Charlotte today from Atlanta and on my home passed 48 Pike Energy trucks driving all together heading to OH. Help is coming fellas. Hang on there!